Thursday, September 11, 2008

And they're off...

I don't seem to be overly happy or enthusiastic, but that's just because I'm dead on my feet. I haven't had coffee in almost a week, because I read that it's a good way to get rid of an eye twitch. I've had this going on--off and on, I mean--for almost a week. Caffeine just isn't that addictive, so I don't know what my problem is. Of course, alcohol helps. There's no twitching after a good glass of wine.

And I should be packing. Mom lent me a great suitcase, and in this case "great" means a piece of luggage with spinners and enough room that I don't have to make any choices. We are not sharing the packing of the Scrabble game this year, I'm toting it all. *yawn* the packing is being done, gradually.

I'm pretty much packed, now. Wonderful Mom is coming over to feed THE CAT, the mail and the newspaper are stopped, and it's beginning to dawn on me that I'm actually going on vacation. We're going to the same place we've gone for quite a few years now, but it's always exciting to go back.

It's bed time! I'll leave everything else for tomorrow....

Have a great week, everyone!

10 comments:

Gina said...

Have a wonderful and restful vacation! I've had an eye twitch myself - it was for a few days and then it seemed to have gone away but came back for one more. I've been trying to cut back on the Starbucks but not entirely.

Anyway - adios!

Gina said...

Oh, that's me "G", signed in to my G-mail again. :)

Doug said...

I had a twitch like that once. I think suffering it a year was the cure that time.

Tom & Icy said...

My wife would get those twitching leg and feet jerks in the winter when she couldn't get outside much. I bet a job of standing or sitting in a limited space could have something to do with it. When I sit at the computer a long time, I find that my and that lays on the mouse begins to jerk and click the mouse when I don't want it to.

Ariel the Thief said...

Holiday's a good way to get rid of eye twitch, too. Have a wonderful time!

TLP said...

If you have an eye twitch I wonder why I've never seen it? Maybe it's more of a "feeling" than a visible thing. In any case, I've had them, and they are nerve-racking for sure.

I know that you will have a great time in México. And RELAX sweetie! Life is just a dream.

Fred said...

Wine with your Wheaties. Great way to start your day.

Have a great vacation!

AP3 said...

Have a great trip!

Sorry to hear about David Foster Wallace... I thought of you and Ekim when I heard.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I read your Mom's version of the cat who shall go nameless. I think you left something out.

ReesePie said...

I think a week without caffeine would GIVE me an eye twitch!