Saturday, August 23, 2008

a stiff

I've felt dead this past week, between not feeling very well, not being able to sleep, and not wanting to get up. Jeez, I need to wake up and smell the coffee. Actually, I haven't been smelling the coffee lately, because it wasn't feeling good on my stomach, so that's why I'm extra-sleepy.

And I'm between novels right now, and don't know what I want to read next, and I don't know what I wanna pack for lunch, and I just need a vacation. Which is coming in about 17 days.

And I should go to bed right now, and I haven't had time to visit, better luck tomorrow.

6 comments:

Doug said...

Have you read Cormac McCarthy's Outer Dark or Gabriel Garcia Marquez' Chronicle of A Death Foretold? The latter is fun and the former, well, ebon.

Doug said...

Incidentally, if I were a Democrat I think I'd find the Democratic convention deeply depressing. I recommend Spongebob instead.

Ariel the Thief said...

Sounds like you're trying to walk in mud up to your knees. Get better soon! People need coffee. :-)

Chronicle of A Death Foretold is one most beautiful novel I have ever read.

actonbell said...

Thank you, Doug and Ariel, for the recommendations. Ariel, it does feel a bit like that, right now.

TLP said...

My poor baby. ((((Acton))))

I hope you feel better soon.

actonbell said...

Thanks, Mom.
And I'm actually going to check out that Garcia Marquez book tomorrow.