Thursday, August 14, 2008

look!


We've been paved! I took this picture from our driveway, which must have looked very amusing to these guys, but--it's a momentous event, for us. You see, we will have been living right here in this very house for 19 years, next month, but we've never been paved. It appears that is just our street, too--not the one in back of us or the one you can see that's perpendicular to ours. Aren't we special!

Don't worry, I won't get overly giddy; I'm used to this level of excitement.

8 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

Better enjoy it. It will probably be another 20 or 50 years before they do it again.

Ariel the Thief said...

Hi, pretty right eye!

Being paved is the end of childhood, end of freedom, end of summer, end of times weren't missed until they ended. Practical in winter, though. :-)

TLP said...

LOL! To tell you the truth, I never noticed that your street needed to be repaved.

"Don't worry, I won't get overly giddy; I'm used to this level of excitement." Yes you are.

Doug said...

Mechanicsville, where the streets are paved with tar. Sounds like, well, paradise.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Take that, Dust!

Fred said...

I haven't been paved yet. I feel left out.

tsduff said...

I grew up with tar and gravel roads. In the summer when the sun melted the tar, our shoes (and sometimes bare feet) were sticky with black goo where the rocks didn't cover all the tar. Those roads are still unpaved today. Happy pave to you!

G said...

Good for rollerblading!

Teller #9, summer visits and beautiful Kohler ads - okay, I'm sort of caught up. Nice visiting again.