Monday, June 16, 2008

So I'm late

Joyce Carol Oates is 70 today. Happy birthday, JCO! I don't know what Blooms Day is, cuz I never read Ulysses, but--those flowers are for her, anyway.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm reorganizing my closets. Yes, that's plural. Mike and I did not go forth and multiply, and this resulted in a situation whereby I have more closet space than was perhaps good for me. I'll recover.

Serena does not drink beer or guard it. I caught her peeing on a bit of carpet today. She has no idea how much I do, or attempt to do, for her. I cleaned her ears this weekend, and I can tell she feels a lot better now, but do you think she ever thanks me? Hell no! In fact, it was a friggin' wrestling match. I had to bind her up in a towel to do it. On my day off, I thought she's rather watch the birds and squirrels on the porch than stare outside at me, so I let her out. All she did was slink around and cry to be let back in. She's so much fun.

I can hear someone snoring. Funny, when I can't tell which sentient being in the household is doing it. Must be time to flop pretty soon.

4 comments:

TLP said...

That Serena. Ungrateful little bugger.

She's lucky to be livin' there. If I caught her peeing on any carpet in my house, she'd be elsewhere.

Ariel the Thief said...

I'm wondering what can be about the ear cleaning day in Serena's diary...

It was very funny.

Ariel the Thief said...

I like the picture too.

Doug said...

I know this about Bloom's Day. One year the New York Times did a special crossword in its honor.

You're welcome!

On Serena's side, I'm pretty sure if someone cleaned my ears I would piss somewhere. Are you sure she's a girl?