Friday, June 06, 2008

Serves me right

I was gonna stop whining about being tired and skipping those runs, I really was, I was all gung-ho when I set out on Tuesday afternoon's trip along the creek and back, but. I've strained a calf muscle, and it really hurts. Now that I can't run, I suddenly really want to. Why do I have to be this way?

'Member when Paul Simon sang Still Crazy After All These Years, while wearing a chicken outfit? I don't know why that popped in my head just now.

I hope this isn't too crazy a day--there are lots of high school graduations tonight, so I hope it's quiet at work, because I'm working late and getting up early. Tomorrow might really kick my butt pretty hard. I might not surface 'til next week...

Happy Friday, everyone!

10 comments:

TLP said...

Poor baby! Sorry about your calf muscle pull. Is the pool open? You can always swim.

Tom & Icy said...

Or maybe walk real fast on crutches.

MyUtopia said...

Hope your leg heals quickly so you can get back out there. I miss running.

G said...

Rest up, you'll be back on the running path in no time, I'm sure. Loved your Paul Simon interlude. :)

Ariel the Thief said...

Sorry to hear the calf muscle! Hope you can run again soon.

I didn't know Paul Simon did that. Sounds funny.

TLP said...

There's a heat advisory today, so it's a good day NOT to run.

Doug said...

That was on SNL or the muppet show? I can't remember.

Hope your calf feels better so you lose motivation. Happy healthy weekend.

Fred said...

Feeling better yet?

Doug said...

I bet you're somewhere with a broken hand and a fierce desire to post.

AP3 said...

Hope you're healing well. I loved all of Paul Simon's SNL appearances.... he coulda been a comic!

NOW I understand how it works -- it must be my fat backside that makes me have the urge to excercise (but not do it)!