Thursday, June 19, 2008

fast times


How can the time be rushing by so quickly, when I'm not having all that much fun? Summer's here, and it will be gone before I've enjoyed it. Sometimes being an adult really sucks. We hafta work. Well, until we reach magical retirement. I can think of so many things I could do with the entire day. Probably won't, but I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, which should inspire me to try to do more with the time I have now.

It's sad when one's imagination dies, it really is. Or maybe I missed the boat to Neverland. That's it, I bet, the reason for my feeling so dull and out-of-it: I never grew up. I've had all this time, and a variety of experiences, but I don't know what they mean or how to use them.

There's all kind of stuff to do, like read books, keep up with the news, go hiking, watch the birds, set up squirrel feeders for fun and entertainment, watch movies, learn to draw, pick strawberries, attempt cooking, watch TV, go to plays, go running, visit the library, put air in the tires of my bike, repaint the rooms, clean my closets, learn to knit, listen to music, surf the web, read blogs, travel, go to concerts, visit the museum, take pictures of the clouds, do yoga, play Scrabble more often, collect something, do more puzzles....

And I'm whining, partly because I haven't been able to sleep the last few nights and I'm trying really really hard not to take a nap right now, which would mess up my sleep schedule.

Speaking of imagination, check out Magician Tina Lenert. This is good. The version I saw on TV was silent. This clip does have sound, but you don't need it.




Tomorrow's Friday. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

Seems like time is rushing by so fast we don't have time to have fun. But as for imagination: I hate to say this, but that picture... Well, I don't know how to say it, but it looks like a male sexual organ. Oh, the subliminal images!

TLP said...

LOL! I thought the same thing when I saw that moon scene Tom! The reflection even ends in a pair of ....you know.

I lovedlovedloved the clip. So sweet and yes, full of imagination.

Ariel the Thief said...

You know so many things to do! I already felt busy while reading.

The clip is very nice.

Doug said...

The secret to an exciting life is to live someone else's. At least. that's what John Henry told me.

That clip is brilliant.

AP3 said...

Wow, Tom and Mom have dirty minds.

You're having one of those "what's it all about days". :-*

G said...

I kind of thought the same thing about the picture.

She's great - I love the clip. I've appropriated some of the items from your list because I don't have enough to worry about already :)

actonbell said...

I fail to see the phallicness. You guys