Friday, May 23, 2008

oolala


I've just discovered that Sambuca, that wonderful black licorice liqueur, is just wonderful in coffee. Is there a name for this coffee drink? I think of it as Good'n'Plenty coffee, but Mike came up with the superior name of Sam&Joe. That's a good one:) I've never tried coffee with Cointreau.

I have to remember the whipped cream next time. Have I told y'all about Monk's Robe? That's coffee, chocolate liqueur, and Frangelico. And lots of whipped cream. It's heavenly.

Every time I finish a can of coffee, I tell myself that it will be my last, that I will resolve to become a tea-only person. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Coffee is not making me a wide-awake drunk, for some reason.

Sleep tight, everyone, and have a great holiday weekend!!!!!!

9 comments:

tsduff said...

Tea only? What kind of fun would that be? Nothing hits the spot like coffee. I went through my Sambuca stage, but actually found that it is too sweet for me. I adore Cointreau on the rocks.

Tom & Icy said...

Fresh water is pretty good.

Ariel the Thief said...

Listen to wise Icy!

Coffee is gooooooooooooood. I read "Good Night Coffee" at first, I loved the name. :-) I'm going to look for Sambuca liqueur, I haven't heard of it before. Coffee and sweet liqueur, must be fine.

Raghu Ram Prasad said...

Romance with Rum....nice to see the picture

TLP said...

Mmmmm....I don't even want to think about giving up coffee! Life is short enough. Enjoy the simple pleasures. Like coffee. I love the name "good 'n plenty coffee."

Pavel said...

hmmm... I've never had sambucka before. I'm missing a lot, aren't I? lol...

Fred said...

I don't drink coffee and I love Sambuca. So, hold the coffee. Have a great holiday.

Doug said...

Cheers. Coffee is not mentioned in the bible as a sin. I think that's the kind of theological point that ought to appeal to a Unitarian atheist.

Ariel the Thief said...

I went to the store, the label on the bottle said, "anise". Yick!