Friday, May 16, 2008

Of Beer and Such

Almost everyone's been talking about the price of gas, so much so that it's almost become old news. I'll admit that with my particular lifestyle, the price of gas does not directly impact me, but of course the fuel debacle is affecting all of us in other ways that have become pretty obvious.

The thing that's impacting me right now and in my face is the price of beer! I stopped in the usual distributor the other day and did my usual thing: looked at the bargain close-outs, but failing to see anything that made me swoon, headed over to my usual good, inexpensive beer choice. I confess, I didn't even bother to look at the price, I've bought it so often. I was in for a shock. Good ol' Stegmeier Porter has jumped ten dollars in price in less than a year. I kid you not. Yes, there's been a hop shortage, and the added fuel cost, and now there's a worldwide food shortage, as well. Will fueling our cars start competing with feeding the world's people?

And, woohoo! It certainly looks like Barack Obama may be the candidate to face John McCain in the general election. Maybe this will get me excited about something. We all need something to excite us.

What's exciting YOU?

Pintprice is a fun little widget. I stole it from I Love Beer.


Life is too short to drink bad beer. Well, unless that's all there is. Is that all there is? Happy Friday.

5 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

Beer and eggs give me gas.

TLP said...

Fun. Fun and beer. That's all there is. Right?

Ariel the Thief said...

I sympathize!

Now we know how Superdog Icy works, hehe...

tsduff said...

A beer tasting... with a squirrel presiding. Cute :)

Doug said...

These are gloomy days, aren't they? I've learned to accept starving children but sober hopheads are a concern.