Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Horton Hears a Who!


This movie is hilarious and clever, and expands on the children's book in a way that absolutely never gets boring, and is faithful to the message of Horton's story, 100%. And yes, I'm aware that most of the film adaptations of Dr. Seuss books have not gone well, but this one is very good.

You may ask why a grown woman with no children would step out and see Horton Hears a Who, and I will tell you: because my mother and older sister invited me. We had a blast, even without the popcorn shenanigans. See Horton Hears a Who! How long has it been since you had a good belly laugh?

3 comments:

Doug said...

OK, but listen to me now. Here me all you people. My niece has the board game and it's hysterical. There are magnets, timers, plastic clovers and a plastic elephamt mask with velcro under the tip of the trunk. Better than Scrabble for us dimwits.

TLP said...

It was great! I had a ball. We had so much fun with the popcorn before the movie started, that people were afraid of us! That's a day well spent.

But yeah, the movie was very good too.

Ariel the Thief said...

Afraid of you and your daughters armed with popcorn? I am impressed!

Thank you Actonbell! I don't know the book but hope the movie is going to land here too. If it is just half as funny as Doug must be under a plastic elephant mask with velcro under the tip of the trunk, I'm going to have a great time.