Sunday, March 16, 2008

Monday, Monday


Today is the last Monday of winter 2008, as well as St. Patrick's Day. Today is my once-a-year reminder that someday, I want to see Ireland--the castles, the ocean, the sheep, Dublin, the pubs, St. James Gate...It would be cool, someday, to take one of those repositioning cruises across the Atlantic, tour Ireland, and then fly home.

We won't be drinking any green beer tonight. Actually, we'll be eating Chinese food. What about you?

~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't written much about the job. Things are fine there. As far as I know. This week's schedule is more than fine; I can get up at a leisurely pace every other day, go for a run, and still have plenty of time to get ready for work. I'll enjoy it while I can, because it won't be happening next week. My coworkers are polite to me, and of course some drama occurs, but I'm not involved. This is great. Since I'm at least twice the age of most of the tellers around me, I'm exempt. They complain to each other about so&so, but don't conspire with me that way. Thank goodness! I just work here.

It seems that my weekly calendar is constantly a page behind, I can't keep up with time. Happy Monday to everyone! Here we goooooooooo

6 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you from a proud Irish woman. I have come to tea because of your comment at Jamie Dawn's Blog Church. This quote at the end of your comment grabbed me, "I agree that our country was founded on good moral principles and I have high hopes that we will keep our moral compass while we evolve in these changing times:)" I totally agree and embrace this comment and am eager to get acquainted with your blog.

TLP said...

Happy day to you sweetie!

We won't be drinking beer of any kind tonight of course. I wonder if green beer tastes different from any other colored beer?

I'm sooooo glad that you aren't involved in any drama at work. You've had your lifetime share of that!

Doug said...

Is amber a shade of green.

ariel said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Make room for me in your luggage when you visit Ireland!

It won't take long before the younger coworkers go to you for wise advices in their dramas, don't you think? :-P

Jamie Dawn said...

The green beer flowed in our town last night.
We attended a parade, and it was fun!

I haven't had Chinese food in awhile.
AR is not known for its Chinese food... or Mexican food. But we've got the best ribs!
We DO have a decent Chinese place called Taste of D-lite. It is owned and operated by a black man who plays Frank Sinatra music over the speakers. It's a fun place to eat, but I haven't gone there in awhile. It's not your typical Chinese restaurant, but the food is actually quite good, and the owner is a lot of fun.

It's nice to know that your new job isn't as full of drama and nutty characters as your former job.
I'm sure something worthy of blogging about will happen there before too long.

Sean P. Farley said...

Oh my, how I long to just "work" at my job. Somehow, at 33, I manage to get sucked into the trials and tribulations of the ever-miserable 19-year-olds. 19-year-old girls, mind you, as I'm the only male at work. Boys are the enemy, drinking is "So cool," and fights with Dad are a common occurrence. I want so badly to gouge my eyes out with a spoon when they talk.