Sunday, March 09, 2008

Let there be light

Am I sleepy because of the time shift, or because of the big breakfast? And why does daylight- savings time start at 2am, instead of midnight? (There's a nifty little article over there about the history and reason behind daylight-savings time.)


Last night was another bizarre dream night: Walking to my little car, which was parked somewhere in a nearby city, I began to feel that I was being followed. So, I quickly got into my car, but could not drive off right away because there was snow all over my windshield. I thought I'd let these two scary-looking guys walk on by before I got out to start scraping, but instead, the hoodlums suddenly have shovels (and possibly rakes and other implements of destruction), and start to pound and pound on my windshield, until glass starts falling onto my lap. So, I get out and start running, and get to a fire station, where I hope someone will help or call the police, but for some reason, I'm turned away. In the meantime, I can't go back to my car because I know these guys are hanging around it. It's a conundrum. That's when I woke up.

It's always a mystery, what brings these on.

10 comments:

Doug said...

Next time go to a police station and call a tow truck.

Balou said...

LOL @ the cat photo! Supposedly our dreams all stem from real life. I dream of tornadoes when I'm feeling chaotic or stressed.

ariel said...

Good you have those two runnig legs. Even better you woke up.

TLP said...

I hate those bad dreams. But, boy, I love that photo!

WTF indeed.

ariel said...

We, Hungarians!!

Anyways, daylight-saving is evil.

Tom & Icy said...

That's a great picture. Maybe the dream was because you started working at a bank and deep down you wonder what you would really do if there was a bank robbery. That would be scary and a helpless feeling.

Bone said...

I've had crazy dreams the last two nights, as well. Last night I dreamed my room was filled with ghosts and everytime I would get out of bed, they'd have typed a message to me on my computer.

Mommy!

quixoticpanorama said...

Hahaha

I have never ever felt cats to be that adorable ever!! I think I must give credit to Rubik for that

Jamie Dawn said...

Scary nightmare!!
Next time, I hope you roundhouse kick those dudes into oblivion.

Cute pic.

Lily Strange said...

That damn time shift really screwed with my sleep patterns, which are already screwed up as it is from working nights.