Tuesday, March 11, 2008

incredibly slow

Blue sky, clouds wandering by. Looking left, there's the building that used to be a bank, and there's the spot that was the library, and that ice cream place over there was a restaurant called The Dutch Pantry. Slowly, they change, slowly, my sleepy mind remembers those places, once so familiar. I wonder what else I've forgotten about, or have never paid any mind.



That makes two of us. All the world goes through its changes, as we're watching the birdies and reading stories. Life is so simple, that way.

8 comments:

Doug said...

Serena's being there.

Tom & Icy said...

Yes. Serena knows.

ariel said...

"I wonder what else I've forgotten about, or have never paid any mind." might be the most frightening words.

We love to make life difficult and swim in the drama. You are wise. Or is that Serena.

TLP said...

Of course I know that the scene you are describing is not the one that Serena sees, but the one that you see from your work site.

Serena knows no world but your house, your yard, and the trees beyond. Same thing really.

Jamie Dawn said...

Ch-ch-changes. I'm sure you have places that are unlucky in business. We have those here too where a certain building just changes hands over and over again. Nothing seems to do well in those cursed places. Sometimes it's obvious why, but sometimes it seems there's no logical reason that nobody can make a go of it.
I know your post wasn't about this topic exactly, but my mind does what it wants to.

Lily Strange said...

My brain is so fuzzy I think I need to shave it. I can't think right now!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

The simple life. Yes, that's for me/us.

Doug said...

Man, that is slow.