Saturday, March 08, 2008

And so this is Saturday...

and what have I got? Another week over, another 'bout to start.....

I spent almost four hours today on my butt in a cold hard chair in a very drafty waiting room at Pep Boys, awaiting the honor of spending most of my paycheck to get my car inspected. I got a lot read, though. The first two hours went by pretty quickly. My other errands took a couple more hours because of the heavy traffic caused by other Monday-to-Friday employees. It's alarming how time seeps out of my hands as badly as money! When I finally got home and settled down to doing some much-needed hemming of pants, the phone started ringing. The American Lung Association called to offer me a fund raising kit which would provide me with absolutely everything I needed to disturb and annoy all my neighbors, then someone else called and asked me to take a um, "short" survey (I've learned to politely decline those), and then our travel agent called (for good reason). If I'd known how long I'd be at Pep Boys, I would have buzzed home to hem. Then, all I'd need to do is avoid Serena. I forgot to mention her. She was the first obstacle, before the phone calls.

And I really must exercise today. It was actually pleasant outdoors for about a half-hour today, while I was stuck in traffic, but now it's blustery and raining again. We had a thunderstorm last night!



Oh, give me strength: it's looking like treadmill time. Maybe my favorite route down by the creek will not be flooded out for too much longer. This is most unpleasant.

However, life is good, anyway. I got a case of Wild Goose Nut Brown for only $17.99, and popcorn will also happen tonight. Oh, yeah, and another encore movie (we recently bought several movies we'd like to view again). In short, I am not too vexed.

4 comments:

TLP said...

I didn't think about the creek flooding before now! Too bad.

Beer, popcorn, a movie...life is fine.

Doug said...

Way to keep your glass half full.

ariel said...

Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't goooooo, I own my soul to the company store! I love to sing that song on the top of my lungs. Hope you're not going to throw your book at me!

Saur♥Kraut said...

Yeah, I've had some of those "short" surveys recently and by the time they were over, I'd developed bedsores. :P