Thursday, February 21, 2008

hi

I feel like posting something, but I don't know what. It's like there's something on the edge of my vision that I'm trying to see and describe, but can't quite get a hold of it. I really should go to bed, but have such an unsettled feeling. It's hard to relax, and I find that it's necessary to remind myself to relax my shoulders and stomach. Yes, stomach--is that strange? I know the restless uneasiness is just new situation jitters, and it will pass. Meanwhile, I'm working in a lovely place. It snowed yesterday, and it was so pretty, watching the snow fall through all that glass, like being in a bright and beautiful snowglobe.

There's nothing wrong, no real reason for edginess, but it seems that I'm not going to get away with making a major change without feeling stress, even if it seems irrational.

Maybe that's all I had to say.

9 comments:

TLP said...

Maybe it's the big upcoming social event in which you are playing a big part. You've done a LOT of work for it. It will be what it will be. (And what it will be is fine.) I'm looking forward to it.

Tom & Icy said...

It seems that the only thing that is certain is that nothing in life is certain and that makes us feel uneasy.

ariel said...

You know that funny feeling when you see something from the corner of your eye but it's not there when you turn your head but see it again when you're not trying to look at it. Hope your're having a good sleep!

Sean P. Farley said...

I am SO familiar with that "new situation" feeling. The ASL Lab has hammered itself into my brain that I am forced to dream about it...all in sign language no less. Arrrggghh! At least I'm tired enough at the end of the day to sleep like a baby. Don't worry...it's natural! Hang in there!
Sean

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Nah, Acton, let's not bring stress into this. Smile and be happy. Yes!

Jocelyn said...

I always find relief after expressing an anxiety--even if I don't know what's causing that niggling feeling.

Hope it worked for you!

From Rob, With Love. said...

Do you know...there's a yoga called 'Divine Light Invocation' that you could do in the mornings. I know its a lovely party of my day.

Good to meet you, my dear!

Doug said...

Or, maybe it's the chili dogs you had for breakfast before jogging.

G said...

I know this feeling well. It is good to voice your feelings - whether they have a name or not. It always feels better for me too.

By the way, I love your snowglobe analogy. So beautiful.