Thursday, January 24, 2008

slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch...

...I finish a post....

Where in the world is Transnistria? According to this here map, it's between the Ukraine and Moldova. Hmmm.

It seems that Transnistria has put out quite a few Three Stooges stamps. Brother Nivek loved The Three Stooges, and he also collected stamps. He wasn't really into topical stamp collecting, but he would have made an exception for The Three Stooges. Dominica and Grenada have also issued Three Stooges stamps.
The U.S. has never issued a Three Stooges stamp. Our postage system has issued stamps with the images of Sylvester and Tweety, Bugs Bunny, classic movie monsters, and Elvis, along with many other entertainers, but The Three Stooges have yet to be featured.



This seems like a monstrous oversight, since The Three Stooges have made generations of people laugh. Moe, Larry and Curly are American icons.


Should we start a petition? Jump on the gurney and catch the wind?

12 comments:

Nessa said...

This is a catastrophy. This is a travasty. This is a teepee (I couldn't think of anything else to rhyme.)

Doug said...

I bet they've had a stamp of... Niagara Falls!!

Where do I sign? Let me at it!

Tom & Icy said...

Those stamps have a spicy glue that when you lick them you go "woo woo woo woo woo!" like Curly.

Jamie Dawn said...

I grew up watching them because my dad was a fan.
My mom bought my dad a Three Stooges DVD collection for Christmas.
The Stooges are great!!
I'd sign that petition!!
If they don't put a Three Stooges Stamp out soon, let's go poke them in the eyes, okay?

TLP said...

I'm ready for an eye-poking, head-slappin, nose-sockin' Stooges Stamp! Sign me up.

G said...

Where's my mallot?!

I'm in! I need a good cause to get behind.

ariel said...

How can anyone say that a country that puts out Three Stooges stamps does not exist?!

tsduff said...

nyuk nyuk nyuk...you haven't lived until you've watched The Three Stooges.

Jocelyn said...

Boy, I don't know. Do we need to address the injustice of the ignored Marx Brothers first?

(btw, I've been to Moldova. Don't go to that region. It's gray there)

Cheesemeister said...

I'm all for it! The Stooges Rule!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I am writing to the Post Office today. Justice must be served!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

You need to write to:
Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee
c/o Stamp Development
U.S. Postal Service
1735 N. Lynn St. - Ste. 5013
Arlington VA 22209-6432

People selected for stamps have to be dead for at least five years. Are all the Stooges dead, you know?

Good luck.