Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Rabbit, rabbit


Good luck and happy reading in 2008!

That said, I've pretty much resolved to stop listing the books I keep meaning to read, because I know I'm just gonna read on a whim, anyway.

My BIGGEST WISH, literally, is for Jeffrey Eugenides to come out with a new novel. Or a collection of short stories, but I'd prefer another wonderful novel. So, Mr. Eugenides, wherever you are these days, it's time. Wikipedia says he's teaching at Princeton, but a more updated source says: In the past few years he has been a Fellow of the Berliner K├╝nstlerprogramm of the DAAD and of the American Academy in Berlin. Eugenides now lives in Berlin with his wife and daughter.


Incidentally, there's a new collection of love stories out called My Mistress's Sparrow is Dead, and it is EDITED by Jeffrey Eugenides. Boy, was that a tease. However, it's a very appealing compilation...

4 comments:

Minka said...

Happy New Year, Actonbell.
My reading list this yera until Mai is probably something todo with needles, blood transfusions and other bodily functions. Can't wait.

Thank you for a wonderful year of good reviews of rather interesting books.

You done good!

Doug said...

I look forward to another year of buying books you recommend. Amazon should have you on staff.

Tibbar tibbar over here.

TLP said...

I've read Middlesex, and liked it a lot. I saw the movie Virgin Suicides and enjoyed it as well. So, yeah, he should write another book.

Sean P. Farley said...

Hello. name's Sean. I am right there with you about Mr. Eugenedes. The Virgin Suicides is on my top five (top ten as I keep reading more fantastic books). I will admit, though, I only got halfway through Middlesex because life got in the way and too much time passed for me to remember where I left off. So that'll be my next venture. Right now I'm reading Kite Runner. It was a gift, not something I'd have bought for myself, but it's fantastic. I'm glad someone has a blog devoted to books!