Sunday, December 09, 2007

I think I'll make it after all...UPDATE BELOW

Oh, boy, some of my laaaaaaaast work stories....


I am definitely getting there...three days after today....



This is me and my imaginary friend dancing our special Friday happy dance in our new pajamas. This is a special Friday because it is the very last full Friday I will ever spend in this drab, dreary, dull warehouse.

Note: This friend is not a bunbury; I'm not using her to avoid anything. She is for celebration purposes, only.
Second Note: one doesn't have to be black and white and cute all over to have happy feet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE: Our present supervisor told us that from now on, we would be encouraged to leave early every Friday--that is, those present will be in the position of either using vacation time or leaving early without pay. Just a few people would be working a full day on Fridays. I would not want to be in that position, and lo, I will not be. To start out, Supervisor told us he was taking volunteers to leave early, at any time they wished. So, Badseed and her stupid sidekick left at 8:00am! They were at work for ONE HOUR, and they spent that ONE HOUR sitting on their butts reading the yellow pages, looking for an open bar.

1. How do they get away with that crap at work? Easy: they're in a clique, the one that contains the workleader.

2. Did they find a bar in this area open at 8am? You don't care, huh? But do I or do I not work with the saddest, weirdest people??????

3. My luck has to be better next time.

9 comments:

TLP said...

Yea for Friday. See how nice I can be? Weekends are a bother for those of us who are retired. All you employed types are out everywhere causing us to have to stand in lines. Your dad and I try to avoid shopping on weekends and for the most part that works.

There is nothing quite so wonderful as quitting or retiring from a job. I had it good at work, and still I hated having regular hours. Ya know, I would have been happy to drop in to work once in a while, like from 10:30 AM to noon....

The Lazy Iguana said...

I have to go to a holiday party where there is not an open bar. This means no free booze. And they call it a "holiday party"?????!?!?!

I hope you like your cruise. Enjoy the FLL Airport. Personally I think the FLL airport sucks, but that is only because I know where everything is in MIA. Just ask! Where is the nearest Starbucks? Where is the nearest bar? Can I get some sushi? I know the answer. But only if I am in the MIA airport. All other airports are a mystery to me. Atlanta is the WORST! I have no idea where I am in that place.

AP3 said...

WOO HOO! Congrats on your FINAL TGIF in that odd place.

ariel said...

Happy Belated Special Firday! Nice pajamas.

Doug said...

Is it a pooka?

On behalf of all yellow people with spots, I thank you for the stand you're taking on our behalf.

TLP said...

Yes. The answer is YES. You work with a sorry lot indeed.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Did they ever find an open bar?

I would have stayed at work. You get me in at 7 AM - then want me to leave after an hour AND use my vacation time? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA Good one. No way. I would have just called in sick for that.

Doug said...

You work with a sad crew. Worked. Have a great cruise!

ariel said...

If they told me to go home after an hour in work, I'd get very mad why I had to go in for only one hour at all. Getting drunk before 9am sounds nice, though.