Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving



Turkey seems to be the star of Thanksgiving, and this one is certainly out standing in his field, and he's possibly downright hare raising, but of course we all know that the whole point of Thanksgiving is to get together with our families and friends and spend time being thankful what what we have. I hope y'all have the chance to see your loved ones this weekend.


I stole this from Crazy Aunt Purl. She's written a book called Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair.

Anyway, as Kurt Vonnegut said, it's important to realize when you're happy, so go forth and be happy, and then be happy because you're happy.

I'm feeling especially happy lucky grateful for my loved ones as I go forth and become unemployed. Without my great husband and doting parents, this would be a scary and stressful time, instead of one full of anticipation and hope.

I'm also grateful to Serena, who has not peed on the carpet since I started using the Feliway spray, and is even flirting with her litter box more. Thank you, thank you, Serena.


My mind is everywhere and nowhere, but I'm sure there was something else I was gonna say--
Oh! We ate at Ho-Wah last night, and this was my fortune:

Now is the time to try something new.

Wow! Isn't that prophetic?

Time's up! No more posting, just reading. Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

16 comments:

TLP said...

Yea for Serena! That cat.

Life is good, isn't it?

The Lazy Iguana said...

Last time I tried to pass off Meow Mix as "Holiday Mix" someone shit in my shoes.

The worst part is I did not notice till it was too late.

I will never make the same mistake again.

ariel said...

I'm happy to see Serena is getting away with Thanksgiving sweaters and hats. :-P

Doug said...

Fortune cookies are never wrong, except for the lotto numbers on the back.

Minka said...

have a wonderful holiday and I had a fortune cookie or two in my life...they were always right. I guess people like to hear somethign substantial every now and again about their lives.

I am happy for your family and their support, I got the same thing goign for me...which makes life pretty darn any good!

Bone said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, Actonbell.

It's good to have a day to remind us of all we have to be thankful for.

Pavel said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

Doug said...

"out standing in his field!"

OK, that took me a second reading. I tip my hat to you, lady.

Doug said...

¡Y feliz dia de gracias!

The Lazy Iguana said...

Skipper is thankful he still has his balls.

but they are going to be removed soon. He is trying to rape the girl cats who are all fixed.

ariel said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Let me know which was the winner! (The trukey or the rabbit.)

neva said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, lovely Actonbell! i hope this day is spent in the midst of those you hold most dear (including Serena, now that she's "behaving" herself)

and i agree with you that your fortune cookie was prophetic. a woman with your talents will quickly land on her feet (clad in running shoes, no doubt). i say enjoy the time off, for i'm guessing it won't last long!! xox

Logophile said...

Thank you Serena!

Life is good, eh?
Happy Thanksgiving, and I just hope you find something that doesn't numb your soul and provides good blog fodder.
:D

AP3 said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Go, Serena!

That was quite a fortune. In bed.

Nessa said...

Merry Belated Turkey Holiday. Come see my gobbler.

Cheesemeister said...

The turkey and the rabbits are so cute that I kinda feel guilty for eating turkey on thanksgiving.
That cat looks sort of like my cat Isis, who is pushy and grouchy and generally has a foul disposition.