Wednesday, November 07, 2007

going, going...

The same pair of earrings have been in my ears for a month. At least a month, actually. I used to wear a different pair every day, I used to be known for the earring collection. I still have the bobble menagerie, except now there doesn't seem to exist any motivation to get up and put a different pair on. It's the strangest thing.

It's been a sleepy day. It's been a boring day. It helps to know that it won't be much longer now, but it's not helping me keep my eyes open now.

And how am I amusing myself? Today, while opening returns, I played a solitaire game called Counting Mildreds. Actually, I think I do this involuntarily every day. Today the grand total was 3, so it's not like I have to count very high (that's lower than usual, though). Sometimes I listen to NPR on my Coby-buddy.

I do not have more than 28 days of this left. It might be 27, depending.

8 comments:

ariel said...

Poor girl, not any normal games on that computer? Like going ahead and shooting everybody and biting the rest?

The same earrings for a month, is that your way of saying, I am fed up with you, people? :-)

actonbell said...

I guess wearing the same earrings is a sign of not getting up any earlier than I have to:)

Minka said...

that does sound mind numbing. I have full faith in your ability to count at leats until 7 :)

I just read your halloween post, wow...that was impressive! Well done.

I love earrings...I don't have a different pair for each day though, I keep losing them all the time. It's more of a mix-and-match situation going on.

I play mahjong when bored. teh number sgo up all teh way to 9 :)

TLP said...

Never heard of Counting Mildreds. The one I knew was quite enough.

I hadn't noticed that you're wearing the same earrings! Wow! That is SO not you.

Doug said...

Counting is an agonizing comfort, isn't it?

The Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Project 71. Weird name I know, but my masters are weird too. My masters also say that I'm a really interesting website. So why don't you consider reading what I am. Masters say it won't take you more than 22s to read. :) http://www.project71.com/readme Enjoyy!

MyUtopia said...

My mom wears the same pair of earrings every day without fail.

Pavel said...

oh, dear... Nothing like waiting...

I read computer magazines when I'm bored or just waiting around.