Thursday, October 18, 2007

three

I ran laps around a field this evening--no, it wasn't anything like Van Gogh's Bulb Field, though I was trying to imagine nice things and enjoy myself as much as possible. As I began my third lap, a very young man swooshed by me. It's not surprising that a young buck could do that, but this particular young person was--really soft. He had an hourglass figure, for cryin' out loud! He's the sort of young guy I used to be able to beat in races.

This made me feel so slow and ridiculous that I just wanted to hide.



Not that kind of hide. I suppose the reference to a young buck was confusing. Anyway, I thought, this could become my motivation to maybe maybe actually doing some intervals, just a short workout, once a week.


Oh, wait--on second thought, that's going to take much more energy and planning than I can possibly commit to. I mean, every time I try to get on a routine, I fall off.



And anyway, the very thought of doing those quarter-mile repeats is making me very drowsy. That's my volunteer word for today:

drowsy (adj) I've been working on the railroad, all the livelong day...Def: down for the rosy count, preferably in Van Gogh's field.

Bone is the pied piper of 3WW!


9 comments:

TC said...

I had to go back and reread because I got really engrossed in the photos O:)

Keeping the motivation is the hardest part. I was getting up every morning at 5:45 to work out for several months, but now that it's still dark at that time of day, I find I can't drag my butt out of bed. I keep trying to get that motivation back... ugh.

ariel said...

Won't you even blow your horn?

Voyager said...

Workout routine. Two words that are bad enough alone, but together, they make me shudder.
V.

Nessa said...

Very funny. The pictures are great. I feel drowsy myself.

TLP said...

Another wonderful post. You are a master of words!

tsduff said...

Okay, after that inspiring post, I'll be launching on my hike tomorrow (you know, manana)... if it doesn't rain. Gotta keep this excess bagage down to a managable minumum... I love the leaping cat.

Bone said...

He had an hourglass figure

OK, I laughed heartily at that. Then I cringed a bit.

I'm the pied piper?! Cool! I just hope there aren't really any rats.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I never knew you were wacky. Live and learn....

Doug said...

Nice visual pun. Plus sized gentlemen hide our fitness under layers.