Wednesday, October 03, 2007

three simple words.




I make things so hard! What's so hard about writing a blog entry? It's just stuff. Not important stuff, just stuff. A boring journal of one of the billions of lives on this planet, so whenever I feel that doing this or that is useless, I need to remember that as long as I must do something, I might as well be doing this--or that. And sometimes I feel as though I've been misplaced--am I supposed to be here? Did someone lose me, leave me behind in the wrong universe, so that I feel forever out of place? Does everyone feel this way? And what in the name of Sam Hill am I doing with this feather? It's not mine, I never touched those peacocks down at the Lindo, and there are none around here. It's the only evidence I have that I have been misplaced.

Life is such a mystery. Maybe Bone will sort things out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Work stuff: My supervisor's supervisor just gave his two week notice. Apparently, he's taking a job with Toyland! Wow, bloody traitor. They must've given him great incentive, to walk away from the maximum severance (that's why most of us are hanging on until the ugly end: the generous severance).

Of course, rumors are running the gamut, all over the place, up the walls, and around town. I am sick of all the speculation. As usual, management is flying by the seat of their pants, so there is no point in guessing.

Good news: Tinkerbell has to transfer back to Sister Warehouse, starting next week! A typical morning in the crappy jewelry department starts with Tinkerbell, her butt poised in a comfy chair, holding court with her coworkers, letting them in on everything that goes on in her life. I'm one of the last to arrive, and I always walk in to see people standing around her chair, all looking and listening to Tinkerbell. It's really weird.

This morning was wilder than usual:

Tinkerbell: So, Cindy calls me a two-timing, back-stabbing, lying- cheating-bitch, and a whore!
She always yells. Talking isn't even considered. And I'm appalled, just appalled, that Tinkerbell's best friend isn't always happy to be her friend.

heh. I know, I know, her leaving won't make things perfect, but they sure will be a lot quieter. It will be a belch-free zone!


Wait--I wrote a blog entry. How 'bout that...



16 comments:

Doug said...

I think you channeled Lewis Carroll. That first paragraph was a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.

I, You, Barefoot Bunny?

TC said...

I like how you included pictures too :)

TLP said...

Most wonderful post! I just loved it.

Logophile said...

I feel that way at times, as a teenager I saw an old Startrek episode where Kirk ends up in an alternate universe and I spent a lot of time daydreaming about that; about how I ended up in this reality because clearly, I did NOT belong here.
But I don't even have a feather to prove it.

G said...

Could I live in your universe? I like it here.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Darn good blog entry, too.

And no, you don't have the song wrong. Hoss does. Which will go massivly (massively?) uncorrected.

Jocelyn said...

Good job fooling yourself into doing the post!

Tinkerbell? My idea of hell.

tsduff said...

Morale at the end of a takeover job sucks. I went through it when my little bank was swallowed by the whaleshark of banks. I stayed a year before they finally cut me loose - severance was okay, but hardly worth all the crapola in the end. Hey, you did make a great post of it!

Minka said...

That was one brilliant starter of a blog post...whenever you feel misplaced...write!...it translates well. *gives her a hug*

ariel said...

Ever since I can remember I feel out of place. I used to have friends I felt comfortable with, I still hope we come together again some sunny day. Yay for losing Tinkerbell! Viva to silence! I can belch real good, though.

Really, what on earth would do a bunny with sneakers?

Pavel said...

Wonderful post and I do hope things work out for the best for you.

I love the pic of the bunny looking down on his sneakers...

Jamie Dawn said...

Have you ever considered that fact that you might be an alien??
I mean it COULD happen... right??!!
Well, I'm glad you are here on this planet right now.
If your "people" come to take you back where you really belong, please let me know. I'd like to check out a new planet. Of course, I'll need a return ride.

When I picture Disney's Tinkerbell, I think of good things.
Your co-worker sounds like the kind of person who can't live without a crisis. If there's not a current crisis going on, she probably makes one happen. Loud plus a belcher??? YUCK!
Good Riddance, Tinkerbell!!!!

AP3 said...

Great post! Glad you wrote it.

Michelle Johnson said...

I enjoyed the pictures you chose for the 3WW words.

Michelle

TLP said...

Listen, kid, you came from ME. Okay. So we're a different bunch. But different in a good way.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Start leaving stickers with your name on them on all the equipment you are calling dibs on.