Thursday, October 11, 2007

How's it hangin'?

"After the tea break, staff should empty the teapot and stand upside down on the draining board."

Thursday! This week is flying by. And so, I hear, is work. Since my supervisor and supervisor's supervisor have both given their notice, and my supervisor's spending his last two weeks on vacation, we don't have a clue what's really happening, but it sure sounds like the Crappy Jewelry Company has been sold and is moving to Chicago, and everyone wants it to happen as soon as possible. I keep hearing "six to ten weeks." Huh. That sure ain't "March."

That December cruise just might turn out to be a pink slip bash.

What's new with you? Or old but good?

6 comments:

TLP said...

I hope it's over before XMAS. You can take your nice severance check and then draw unemployment and rest for a while.

The Lazy Iguana said...

What have you claimed dibs on?

When the people at the top are bailing out, that is a bad sign. Or maybe not. With all the bosses gone you can spend all day having office chair races.

Then take the office chairs.

Doug said...

Same ole' same ole'

Will there be caviar?

AP3 said...

Geez. Yeah, the sooner the better.

Voyager said...

There are days when I long for my employer to implode. I could collect employment insurance and read books all day. Unfortunately, I work for the Federal Government, and if it implodes, so does the whole country. Including employment insurance. Damn.
V.

ariel said...

Actonbell, maybe you are in a modern drama where they all are waiting for something finally never comes. Nah, just trying to cheer you up. :-P