Sunday, September 02, 2007

Attention Getters

Only the very smartest of cats hang out in doorways.

  • Do you think this picture is real?

  • Congratulations!
  • Warning: religious joke. It took me by surprise and kicked my funny bone.

  • Now, that's odd


  • Jessica the pampered hippo. It just keeps getting better...
  • 16 comments:

    ariel said...

    beautiful picture. Balaton used to look like that after cold windy days, too.

    I love the ads, they are hilarious.

    I wonder of they invite Jessica's wild friends to her birthday party...

    TLP said...

    That Serena. So smart.

    Off to check out those links.

    TLP said...

    I've seen ice storms with that much ice, but the way it's hanging on the trees doesn't look real to me.

    The ads are, as Ariel said, hilarious! and yes, unfortunately placed.

    As for Jessica, well, wtf? in the kitchen??? Ewwww.

    Oh, and sure, I'm a big ol' atheist. No prob.

    OldHorsetailSnake said...

    Those are great links, ActonBellPez. I wonder how many people have hippos for pets.

    tsduff said...

    Gosh, how did I miss so many days? Did you put a potion into my teacup? Hmmm...

    Those ads were amazing... kinda like someone did them sort of on purpose... who designs those things anyway! HA HA very funny!

    Oh, BTW, I've posted that picture before... I believe it has to do with the surf, and an ice storm. There are a few other pictures that go with it. Isn't it cool?

    Cheesemeister said...

    I like Jessica!
    Unfortunately, I do think that ice storm picture is real. I was in an ice storm once, when I went to New York for my paternal grandmother's funeral in 2002. Not an experience I care to repeat.

    Cheesemeister said...

    I guess bands of marauding aethiests will have to hunt me down and kill me. Or burn me at the stake. I'm a polytheistic wiccan Buddhist. (not joking, though it does sound like it.)

    Doug said...

    That is a beautiful picture of the ice. Serena is ready for an earthquake. The Yahoo-404 ad is too right.

    Diesel said...

    I have no doubt that pic is real. Sucks for the people trying to get into their cars. I remember just having to deal with frozen locks in Michigan.

    That atheist site is pretty funny. I bet they get a LOT of hate mail.

    The Lazy Iguana said...

    Cleo the cat likes to hang out by the door. When you open it - she escapes. Then she runs around the house and wants in the back door. Silly cat.

    The hippo must poop a lot. I would hate to step in that stuff.

    What is an "ice storm"? I do not think I have ever seen one.

    neva said...

    what a fun post! honestly, i loveloveLOVE all the links! thought that picture was fabulous... so surreal it had to be real.

    an atheist, eh? okily dokily. ; )

    i hate to sound critical, but that blanket made Jessica's hips look big. (such a sweet story)

    TLP said...

    3 days???!!!! Call me or e-mail me with exact info. Don't want to leave poor ol' Serena in the dark.

    actonbell said...

    heh. That's funny Mom!

    Jamie Dawn said...

    That icy photo seems unbelievable!! I'd hate to encounter weather like that.

    I guess I'm an athiest now.
    Funny, I don't feel any different.

    There are some real oddities there. The carrot about to go into the lady's behind, CRACKED me up!

    Jessica is kinda cute.

    Logophile said...

    A pet hippo, I am NOT getting the kids one of those.
    Coastal ice storm? Yah, I would buy its real, ice storms SUCK!
    I was giggling at the atheist site, I was really just getting into the church of the flying spaghetti monster too, oh well.

    G said...

    Is that picture real? It's amazing. And now I'm an atheist - oy wait until I break it to my MIL on Rosh Hashanah ;)

    I hope I'm not too late to wish you a wonderful vacation!