Sunday, September 16, 2007

over the rainbow



I had a bad dream--a raven told me to fly away home, and said I'd return nevermore. Ah, but it's not true--it's not bad to be home, and we will go back. Actually, I'm not sure it was even a raven. It's a black bird that hangs at the beach and makes lots of noise.


This is a masterpiece. And better behaved, I daresay, than the real swan that glided right up to me and nipped my leg over at The Beach hotel. Mr. Swan can't tell a pez dispenser from a corn dispenser.

I put some pictures up over there. And I did NOT eat cheeseburgers:)

15 comments:

Doug said...

So, not paradise? Swans are just aeromarine ferrets, aren't they?

Doug said...

And welcome back!

The Lazy Iguana said...

I think that is a "crow". Or a dreaded Grackle. Worse than seagulls.

The Maya Bar looks really neat. I would probably like that place too. The hotel was amazing.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

That is a very nice picture of the two of you.

And way to go on the cheeseburgs. All ground meat comes from China and England....

tsduff said...

I think you have been reading too much Poe.

tsduff said...

Okay, what's with giving "black birds" a bad rap anyway? I agree somewhat with the lazy iguana that your mystery bird is a grackle, although why "dreaded" I don't know (was he wearing dreads?)

Go here to check it out.

TLP said...

I love the pictures and the tour over at your vacation site. I'm glad you're home, and sorry also. The end of a vacation is almost always too soon.

ariel said...

Welcome back and I sympathize, too!

Nessa / Goldennib said...

No wonder you didn't want to come home. Beautiful vacation place.

AP3 said...

Fancy napkins!

MyUtopia said...

The Swans look awesome!

*Check out my blog announcement.

Cheesemeister said...

Swans can actually be mean. But they're prettier than geese.
I like crows. My grandfather hated starlings. They would get into his horse's grain and eat it. He would always walk around his farm with a shotgun full of birdshot in case he saw a starling.

Logophile said...

Welcome back, looks like a great vacation spot!
Maybe swans really just love Pez?

G said...

Welcome back - looks like you had a wonderful trip! May the relaxing effects last.

Minka said...

swans mate for life!

It is beautiful!

welcome back, nothing's like home.