Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A few paragraphs before I leave..

dont sent me nother
at if i dont sent far
it I dont were
them earring.

thing you


I copied this down because I should give it an award for the most ______ note I've ever come across while processing returns for The Ugly & Cheap Jewelry Co.

Whatever it is that the above is an example of, it seems to remind me of something I saw over at Bone's (or maybe it was the other way around) :a Rebus link! These are all kinds of fun.


click to enlarge

This one's a keeper because the hint is Jimmy Buffett. And we're going on vacation on Friday. Did I mention that we're going on vacation? I'm so bored and tired of going to work that I feel as if my brain is peeling.

Here's a bit of blast-from-the past fun.


We will be on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, in the state of Quintana Roo, about a half-hour drive south of Cancún. I love saying Quintana Roo. The capital of Quintana Roo is Chetumal, which is actually on the southern border of the state, so it's a pretty long road trip away. We will be close to the Playa del Carmen area. To avoid being ignorant norteamericanos, we keep up with who gets to be president of Mexico. First, we had to remember Ernesto Zedillo, but then he was replaced by Vicente Fox, and now it's Felipe Calderón. Félix González Canto is the governor of Quintana Roo.

Oh, and just a reminder: September 12th is Russia's Sex Day.

The shoes are packed; the hardest part is done. And I will stop rambling, now.

21 comments:

actonbell said...

If you translate the last symbol as "pair o' dice", then the parrot seems redundant. SO, don't do this! The parrot is essential to everlasting Buffettness.

G said...

Something something in paradise. I guess I'm not such a parrothead, but enjoy!

Oh and Wall of VooDoo was a fun blast and a good sendoff. Have a great trip and don't forget your sunscreen.

G-again said...

By the way, I'm not sure which is funnier - that note, or your equating it to a rebus.

TLP said...

Never saw a Rebus before. But I think I know the answer. Should I write what I think it is? Mmmmm....I'll just hint: The first group in the rebus is smiling as in "say cheese."

I had forgotten "Mexican Radio." Nice to hear it again.

You deserve a vacation. That note is as bad as anything I ever saw when I worked in welfare in L.A. (Sad though. Very sad.)

Doug said...

Have a great time and a delcious cheese brrgrr n paradise.

Although Commander Cody would have been a better clue for me.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Cheese! Burrrrr GRRRRR n Parrot dice? Am I close?

Have a blast in old Mexico. I hope no hurricanes go your way. That area almost got really REALLY clobbered a few weeks ago. It would have messed up your vacation. Glad it did not.

tsduff said...

I worked an ale stand once at a Jimmy Buffett concert. All the parrot heads wanted shots of tequila - it was a wild show.

Um Doug: Commander Cody? What do he and his Lost Planet Airmen have in common with Parrotheads?

I've never been to Mexico. Hope you steer clear of the hurricanes. Bye - try not to think of all of us left behind, chained in misery to our own personal salt mines...

ariel said...

oh my, Lennon was back and I didn't even know? but at least I now have some images of the funs you're gonna have in Mexico, although I am told bull-fight is better to in Spain.

that is peaceful poem on the top.

don't forget that vacation is a lot of work! taking pictures and all... you know!

Minka said...

Have fun, bubble wrap your shoes and buy one of those gigantic Sombreo hats :)

Doug said...

Terry, he did a cover of Cheeseburger In Paradise. Caw!

Actonbell, are you really going to wear that on the plane? What if you have to flap?

Have fun, you and Ekim.

ariel said...

c'mon, with a President like Putin every day is sex day.

AP3 said...

Wow, that IS a blast from the past! Have a GREAT time! I'm jealous.

Sex Day... who knew?

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Let me know if you see Michael Vick at the bullfights.

goldennib said...

Have a great vacation. Sounds very exotic to my East Coast self.

neva said...

Hasta la vista, Actonbell. and don't take any wooden pesos. (or something like that)

oh, but cheesburgers? amiga, considering the "parrot-dice" you'll be in shouldn't you be scarfin' down quesadillas, instead? sí, sí, señora!

seriously, hope you have nothin' but funfunfun!! ; )

goldennib said...

Are you game? Please play with me.

Cheesemeister said...

Hope you enjoy your vacation.
The picture puzzle made much more sense than the poem! But I have mashed potatoes for brains, so that's not saying much

ariel said...

You're gonna bring the bull's hornes home, aren't you?

Jocelyn said...

Wow, do you have some fun in front of you! I hope you get to snorkel in Playa del Carmen...or get to Cozumel!

Must stop typing. Too envious.

Oh, wait, one more thing: the note at work is a GEM. Wow.

Bone said...

Vicente Fox is no longer President? I gotta get on that internet.

Thanks for the Jimmy Buffett hint. Before I read that, I came up with Singburr Barking Bird Ice, and that didn't make much sense.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Saur♥Kraut said...

The vacation sounds awesome! As for the note, it really takes the cake. I think even a first grader could write better. Isn't it tough to work for a crappy company and still grin through clenched teeth and say happy-happy things to customers?!