Sunday, August 19, 2007

Zodiac and stuff



Based on the Robert Graysmith books about the real life notorious Zodiac killer, this film chronicles the incredibly frustrating investigation of a mystery that has never been brought to its conclusion. Graysmith believes that the Zodiac killer was Arthur Leigh Allen, who died in the early 1990s.

I found this to be an engrossing film, well worth the two and a half hour time investment.

Cast:
Jake Gyllenhaal ... Robert Graysmith
Mark Ruffalo ... Inspector David Toschi
Anthony Edwards ... Inspector William Armstrong
Robert Downey Jr. ... Paul Avery
Brian Cox ... Melvin Belli
John Carroll Lynch ... Arthur Leigh Allen
Richmond Arquette ... Zodiac 1 & 2
Bob Stephenson ... Zodiac 3
John Lacy ... Zodiac 4
Chloë Sevigny ... Melanie


Interesting reading: Zodiac Movie vs. Zodiac Killer True Story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I enjoyed the last installment of Harry Potter's adventures immensely, and won't spoil the conclusion for anyone here! Also, I've started The Secret Lives of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd, and am finding that intriguing, as well.

Art made out of books. Check it out! Some people are amazingly creative.

2 comments:

Minka said...

actonbell...I have read teh secret lives of bees...it is a ownderful book!
and need I go into Harry Potter's adventures? You have to admit, I had some good predictions.

*beams with pride*

and wouldn't you know it, I am first, too.
It is wonderful when life comes together like this!

TLP said...

I enjoyed The Secret Lives of Bees, very, very much. Haven't even cracked open the latest Potter book.

I'm interested in the Zodiac movie, because I remember the killings back when.