Thursday, August 30, 2007

...a candy coated man they call the sandman...


Last night, I dreamed of sidewalks. Places, establishments near my house, were being torn down and new places were being built in their places. And they had lovely sidewalks! There was shade, too, for those out walking in the heat. I was driving home from work, but instead of going straight home, I drove around and looked at all the pretty sidewalks. Look! I can walk or jog all the way down the pike under a green canopy, or walk to the store. I was so excited.

My radio alarm went off, but I didn't hear it, because the sound was turned down too low. Boy, was I disappointed.

This is probably a textbook dream about change. I did find out some news recently, which puts the end of my job around March 2008, farther away than I'd thought. I will be among the very last. Whether this is good or bad will depend on what develops. There is no new adventure lined up yet.

The dream is also about my pet peeve: this area is becoming less pedestrian friendly all the time. I know it's folly to dream of actual sidewalks, and in the event that I start to imagine overpasses and local bus service, Ekim has permission to shake me hard.I hope my next job starts a little later in the morning, so that I can enjoy the streets awhile longer before the madness begins.

I'm thankful for the long weekend that we're about to have. Yes, I'm going on vacation soon, but--it's just a good thing.

Oh, drat, a thunderstorm. Unable to connect to blogger. Yikes, my DSL light is red. I barely had a chance to

5 comments:

Miz BoheMia said...

Enjoy your vacation dear friend... and I hear ya on the dreams... I have been having similar ones that are textbook for anxiety. My childhood best friend from 5th grade kept forcing me to drive her around town while she stuffed my face with chocolated and I wasn-t even hungry and things kept going wrong left and right... it was more detailed and text bookish than that but I no longer remember it well...

But I do like your sidewalks! Hope you get to run on many a prett one FO SHO!

Doug said...

A thunderstorm is an internet sidewalk.

TLP said...

Interesting. Very interesting. But NOT stupid. (You're too young for those old Laugh In thingies though.)

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Knowing that you are now electrocuted, I am asking Big Ernie to fix your computer so somebody else (like me) can have it. I would ask if that's all right, but, of course, you are long gone so....

Bone said...

I love that photo. It would be a dream for me to have sidewalks such as that around here for running.

But alas, it's either risk your life running along the side of a narrow two-lane street, or run at the park. I opt for the latter, unless I've had a particularly bad day at work :)