Saturday, August 04, 2007

Interesting Afternoon?

I'm going to a wedding at 3pm. An odd hour which I expect to be an interesting experience. Today is the wedding day for my nicest coworker, who I will call Winnie, because that's a pleasant name. Ekim will get to meet Badseed, Tinkerbell, Mr. Peabody, Makettle, Buntop, Bee, and countless other people I've told him about.

Stay tuned to find out:

Will Tinkerbell be able to get through the entire reception, or even just an hour, without getting tipsy enough to regale us all with her belching? Will Mr. Peabody find this hilarious, even in front of his wife?

Will Badseed come dressed in such a way that most of her tattoos and maybe some of her cut marks are proudly displayed? (I hope that she doesn't behave the way she did at our company Christmas parties. One year, I was truly afraid that she was going to strip on the dance floor.)

Makettle is coming with her daughter. Will her evil son-in-law, who is angry about not being included, crash the reception and make a scene? (He has been forever kicked out of a couple establishments).

Will Bee be able to get through multiple hours without fretting about the coming week at work, without Winnie (who will be honeymooning)?

Notes about this job: 1. We are losing it in a few months. 2. We always get the work done by Friday--sometimes early on Friday. 3. We get so much help from other departments that we no longer have to pack the orders ourselves! I spent yesterday quality checking. 4. No one in management seems to give a damn. About anything.

Will Actonbell scream if Bee starts talking about work?

Now I should wrap this gift, which I've had for a month. That reminds me--yesterday morning, Tinkerbell asked us all, "so, has anyone bought a gift, yet?" Bee and Mr. Peabody said that the gift registries were both bought up (I kept my mouth shut, here), and Tinkerbell related how she'd heard that Winnie and Groom were having trouble paying for the honeymoon, so the plan was to give them money.

Now, that made me feel bad. Winnie and Groom are really paying out to put on a wedding, so we can all show up and have a party, while meanwhile, they are strapped. So, I would like to predict that these newlyweds come away flush.


I hope all of you are having a relaxing/interesting/fun Saturday!

17 comments:

Logophile said...

The anticipation!
Oh my, I do hope for the bride and groom's sake all goes well.
Hope your Saturday is more fun than interesting.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I think a ca$h bar at a reception is perfectly acceptable. For the reasons you mentioned. A lot of the time newlyweds are not exactly rolling in the dough. And everyone knows one income is kaput in a few months anyway. So the guests can pay to get drunk. Nothing wrong with that.

I hope you have a good time. Bring a camera to get some good dirt on the co-workers. If there is a photocopier and a fax machine handy, someone might play the ever so popular drunken office party game called "photocopy your ass and fax it to someone".

By the way, the Mayan Rivera is excellent. My cruise went there. The water is just amazing. If all of Mexico were like the Mayan Rivera I think the illegal immigration problem would be reversed.

TLP said...

I want to hear all about the wedding!

ariel said...

a wedding that sounds fun already! hope the Sopranos didn't show up!

AP3 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

G said...

Happy Birthday!? (that's what ap3 said and she should know).

Happy Birthday Actonbell, best to you in the year ahead. Oh and do get back and tell us about the wedding.

TLP said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!

And many, many, many more!

Doug said...

're having a relaxing, fun Sunday, August 5.

Doug said...

Uh, that was I hope you...etc

Doug said...

.

Peter said...

Happy Birthday Actonbell, here from Mom's.

Doug said...

Well, the questions are presumably answered. I'll confess, I'd probably have been with Bee and Mr. Peabody (unwholesome company, understood) with the gifts. I belong to the "you have a year"/"when was that again?" mob vis-a-vis wedding gifts.

Logophile said...

Hope your birthday was FABULOUS!

MyUtopia said...

Wow, sounds like a very dramatic situation.

Balou said...

Can't wait to hear how it went. Hope you had a fun birthday! Workplace drama - one of the reasons I am self-employed.

Bone said...

I once got banned from the Dairy Queen, but it only lasted for about a week, until the girl quit :)

tsduff said...

You are so modest - but hope the birthday was nice. Wedding too - and happy ending for all. Now I wish you happy Hump Day.