Thursday, August 23, 2007

IF


Wouldn't it be great if we humans had no need to sleep? Think of all the free time we'd have! No one would be an insomniac. There would be no such thing as jet lag. Everyone would have time to do the laundry, finish that book, and watch Star Trek, or whatever's on TV these days. No one would care when you mow the lawn. Businesses could operate at different hours, which might help the traffic situation, schools could have day and evening teachers, making class sizes smaller without the cost of more buildings, and we all could spend more time with our families, without resigning from our high-power jobs.

I'm going to put this in the suggestion box.

11 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Obviously you have not heard of the old law that says: Work will expand to fit the time dedicated to it. Pretty soon you will be working 16 hours a day. So when will you watch television then?

The Lazy Iguana said...

I like that. But mornings would still suck.

I claim the night shift.

AP3 said...

So true. I actually have that magnet (you can sleep when you're dead). And I love the cat picture in the post below!

neva said...

what if one of your favorite "activities" is taking naps? d'oh!

lovelovelove that picture... and, i have to agree, i could get so much MORE done, if i didn't require a few zzz's now and then. ; )

TLP said...

Can I sleep anyway? As your Aunt Doris used to say, "What's need got to do with it?

MyUtopia said...

I think even if we skipped sleep we would just overbook ourselves and still say there wasn't enough time

G said...

My sluggish nature still enjoys communing with my mattress, but I like your thinking here.

Actonbell for President!

ariel said...

I liked the idea until you pointed out that we could spend our nights too in school. EW!

Minka said...

wait...I wanna co-sign that.

thanks for teh coffee, I needed that!

Doug said...

I like sleep. I don't want to do more. I'll opt for computers that don't crash.

Pavel said...

Wow! what a great Idea!