Wednesday, August 01, 2007

First of August



Rabbit, rabbit!


Good-bye to July, and Good luck in August! And DON'T admonish me for putting this up early: I need to get to bed early and I won't have time to do this tomorrow, so until somebody invents an affordable timer for the publish button, a blogger has got to do what a blogger has got to do. Duty, and all that....


Petty digression into a job I will not miss:

I'm working from 7am-5:30 tomorrow, but have the option of working an earlier ten hours, if I want to, but I don't want to. One of my coworkers, Bee, is required to work from 5am-3:30pm because of the particular job she does. Bee feels that it's a great injustice that we're not all required to do the same, and I thought about working her schedule, just so that things would seem fair, but then--Ekim talked me out of it, and he's right: it's none of her business what I do. The thing about my hours that has this coworker particularly pissed off is that I will usually get out of working the extra two hours on Friday, since we usually get the work done in time to leave (Friday afternoon is a deadline). Bee thinks that I should spend those last two hours making boxes for next week, and I will certainly ask Workleader about doing that. Workleader, by the way, doesn't give a damn how I choose to work my hours, and she's the one who keeps sending me home on Fridays, instead of keeping me to get a jump on next week's work. Meanwhile, we have people from a neighboring department lining up for our overtime, both before and after their normal shift hours.

Maybe we should pass the hat and buy Bee a life.

--End of petty digression--

12 comments:

TLP said...

LOL. I'm going to miss that place! But, if you DO past the hat, I'll put in a buck.

The Lazy Iguana said...

You can change the time by clicking "post options". You can make the time and date whatever you want.

If I were you I would talk about how great it is to not have to show up to work at 5 AM and how you always get to leave early on Friday when Bee is around.

Doug said...

Rabbit, rabbit. Maybe get bee a bonnet?

TLP said...

Rabbit rabbit on the REAL first day.

neva said...

Rabbit, rabbit.

*drops loose change into hat* tell Bee i hope she finds a life, soon... bless her heart. ; )

Minka said...

*looks into the hat and checks if she can make change for her 5 Dollar bill*

rabbit, rabbit...actonbell...how the new age is approaching, ey?! ;)

have a wonderful August!

ariel said...

Bee or yourself, both of you cannot be happy at the same time, obviously. :)

rabbit, rabbit!

G said...

Rabbit rabbit! Cute picture.

Oh and here's my spare change for Bee. Tell her to buy some blinders.

AP3 said...

Rabbit, rabbit! I'll forgive you for posting early if you forgive me for posting late.

Pavel said...

Rabbit, Rabbit!!!

Hey, this is the year 2007! You don't pass hats anymore; you open a paypal account! Count me in... (smile)

OldHorsetailSnake said...

A six-pack a day would probably do it.

Cheesemeister said...

My day shift co worker is always whining that night shift doesn't have much to do. What night shift's job entails is staying alert in case of emergencies and doing computer stuff. Day shift takes care of all the med passing and help with dressing and things of that nature. I didn't put a gun to this woman's head and force her to work day shifts! One time I asked her if she'd like to come in and work a night shift sometime if she thinks it's such a piece of cake.
"Oh, I couldn't handle that shift!" she says.
I freely admit that day shift has a lot to do. I prefer night shift. So, shut up! It's not my problem. This woman could have gone to night shift 100 times over if she'd wanted to.