Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend fun


This past weekend, Dddragon, TLP, and I had the great pleasure of meeting two blogging friends, Doug and Monika.

No, that's not Doug, up there. She's the dog who lives next door, and I'm not sure whether her name is Knockitoff or Getinhere. She's only warmed up to two people on this planet, and I'm not one of them, so she comes over to her fence and gives me the business every time she sees me.

Doug is quite the opposite--very warm and friendly. He absolutely never barks, and TLP can assure everyone that he follows directions very well. He's smart as a whip, and very interesting.


And it was sheer delight, to meet Monika. That's not me. I will admit to being a tad older than that, but Monika really is a sweet, smart, and witty penguin who fascinated us with descriptions of her beautiful home, Iceland. She is a wonderful ambassador.

Doug and Monika both traveled for hours to see us, which tickled us pink, and we hope to see them both again!

This time, we watched a belly dancer at dinner, then spent the next morning sniffing chocolate and listening to cows sing doo wop--just the normal stuff around here. Next time, who knows?

16 comments:

Mo'a said...

Thank you for your visit on my blog and for the Birthday greeting :)
I have met Monika in person and look forward to meeting Doug also...missed him two times when he was close to my neighbourhood.
Sounds like you had a good time.
I am so happy for the Pez family to have met such a good ambasador of my country, Iceland.

TLP said...

Good description of the goings-on.

Good times!

TLP said...

Oh, yeah. I came back to say that Doug toes the line very well. Good boy!

Doug said...

Well, staying and sitting were very comfortable and the speaking was mostly done for me. Why be a bad dog?

Mo'a I think you only missed me one time when I was in your area, but I look forward to meeting you when the harmonies converge.

I highly encourage visiting Pezes when you want the company of a wide array of wonderful people from the same family.

And TLP? Woof!

G said...

Just a question - was Doug the bellydancer or did he do the dance of the 7 veils?

Sounds like a grand time! These blogger get togethers are a great time. Having met both the bloggers in question, I couldn't agree more with your descriptions!

Don't think Neva and I weren't thinking of a way to horn in on the festivities. One day.

Cheesemeister said...

Oh you're very lucky! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Logophile said...

Ooooooo
Sounds lovely!
I am rather jealous, that flightless water fowl gets around quite a bit and so does the dog!
Getting to meet all the Pezes, wow.
Glad you all had fun!

MyUtopia said...

That is so great that you all got to meet up. What fun!

Pavel said...

I'm glad you had a great time! I'm jealous; I've never met a blogger "in person" though I have spoken with some on the phone.
Sigh... One day.

The pictures are adorable! I like that little girl who's smiling sitting next to the penguin.

neva said...

i hear bacon works well on unfriendly dogs and/or curmudgeons.

as for teh penguin? i couldn't agree with you more! she's as perfect an ambassadress as Iceland could hope for.

from what i've been told, the three of you represent PA darn well, too!

did TLP's assertion that Doug follows directions well have anything to do with the 3 maps she provided and/or the fact that he still got lost? just sayin'...

as Gina said, we were thisclose to horning in on the fun. too bad our own veils were at the cleaners, guessing that might have been one way to belly up to the table. ; )

TLP said...

I love that little girl! CUTE! I could just hug her all day.

Diesel said...

Man, when do I get to meet teh Penguin? Everybody else does.

Oh, and Doug too.

Minka said...

That was so sweet. Thank you Actonbell.

You made Pezylvania a high ranking place to visit on my list. And so much left to do there. So yeah, i'll be back, there's no question!

You guys were amazing and I am a lucky lucky Penguin!

Balou said...

Sounds like fun! That photo is precious.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, yeah, I can see all that as being normal. No excitement in your life.....

AP3 said...

They sound like great folks. I can't wait to meet them in a week!