Sunday, July 29, 2007

let me out

No, I'm not trapped, but I do have that in-limbo feeling. I'd mentioned earlier that my present job is no longer secure, that we were scheduled to be laid off sometime before the end of the year, but now even that little bit of information seems doubtful; we may be hanging around until January. And that's when this company will take its fourth name. Three name changes in five years. I really feel sorry for the people who are being forced to transfer, since this company is anything but stable.

I'm also in reading limbo, since I just can't seem to sit down and read much until I get Harry out of limbo. Seven more days until I get my sweaty hands on THE book.

Meanwhile, I have been rather distractible, and have been playing with Foxfire's "Stumble-upon" feature. Gadzooks! It's a new, addictive time-waster. Let's see, I've read about a guy who's just spent $11,000 in vet bills to save his cat, I've learned that armadillos have four babies at a time and they are always all the same sex, and that in Kingsville, Texas, it is against the law for two pigs to have sex on the city's airport property. I've also been gazing at kitten pictures, and if you need an anti-Bush fix, gaze at this.

Wait! I didn't even stop to think about the words armadillo and sex being in the same sentence. That seems twisted. And I'm happy to report that the guy who spent all that money on kitty medical bills got a call from his credit card company, just making sure he was "for real."

Now I'd better get real, stop whinging, and vacuum. Over and out!

8 comments:

Scarlet said...

The in-limbo feeling, I know it well. It's character building. That's all I can say about it. Hope all works out with your job. In the meantime, have fun reading about sex and armadillos.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Curious...what is your Tempest in a Teapot avatar from? The top of it looks like Mickey Mouse ears.

TLP said...

I'm sorry, but it is against the law to vacuum in M-burg on Sunday. You are hereby sentenced to playing games on the internet for as long as you would like.

Bone said...

Uncertainty in the workplace sucks!

Wow, those are some interesting things you stumbled upon. I'm not even going to start for fear I won't be able to stop :)

Doug said...

Sex can be beautiful between consenting armored rodents who love each other. I mean, as long as the voyeur is also an armored rodent.

Pavel said...

Oh, I remember that limbo feeling very well. It really stinks not knowing how long you have a job. I do hope things work out, though.

That is some very interesting reading you've got going there...

Hey, if you want to see more cat pictures, come visit me. I've got two adorable kitties to look at!

Logophile said...

I don't want to know why Doug is talking bout voyeuristic armadillos, that is a level of strange I am not prepared to handle.

ariel said...

working for a company like that must be stressing. it's good you still know where do you work at all.