Friday, July 06, 2007

Flyin' by

1. Guess what? (knock,knock!) I know this seems so improbable, but those fast-flying creatures I'm seeing in the morning are bats. I got a really good look at one this morning, it was a rare loner that was still flyin' around during my return trip up creek road. Maybe it had insomnia, I don't know, but at 5:45ish in the morning, I could finally see daylight and--that's a bat. Very small, and very quiet. I was listening for that swift chirping, and never did hear it, for good reason. Oh, well.

2.
Cause baby we'll be
At the drive-in
In the old man's ford
Behind the bushes
Till I'm screamin' for more
Down the basement
Lock the cellar door
And baby....

8 comments:

actonbell said...

SING IT! And have a great weekend. I hafta work in the morning, but I will enjoy the rest of it.

TLP said...

Workin' on Saturday, Aw, maaaannnn!. (Imagine Kevin saying it.)

What are you doing tomorrow afernoon? We could go see Ratatouille.

AP3 said...

What are you smokin' these days?

TLP said...

AP3, I think it's all beer, the whole beer, and nothin' but the beer. Just sayin'.

actonbell said...

*tsk* I was all set to hear what reaction ya got from screaming the next line of the song...

TLP said...

Talk dirty to me!

Okay? Sorry. Didn't know what was expected of me.

tsduff said...

So you've gone batty for reals! Good going... now just snap a picture so we can see the proof... LOL!

PS: How was the basement?

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Why do you have the lyrics to Talk Dirty to Me here???

Anyway...I have never seen a bat in the morning. I wonder what is causing the bats to come out during the day. I would love to see a picture, too.

:-)