Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cat Tempest

...tryin' to keep a lid on a problem, over here....





Serena's never rude to us. In fact, I would say that she's generally very affectionate, and has never once bitten me, even when annoyed. And she does not overeat.




Serena never sniffs glue.













And Serena has never dragged in any questionable company. Well, okay, she never exactly shows them the door, either, but I'm trying to be positive.















SO, what's my problem, huh? My problem is the fact that I cannot seem to figure out what Serena expects me to do about her litter box situation. There is only one pattern to her behavior: if she urinates inside the box, she will defecate outside the box, which I prefer to the other way around*, but...there's no predicting what she will do.

SO, I've set up two litter boxes, hoping that she will get a clue about using both. Hope does spring eternal in the spotless mind. I mean, one of those litter boxes has remained spotless. And I even put up a little privacy barrier.

She's NOT getting a bidet, though.


*-not to worry, I keep newspaper on the floor.





Incidentally, if you'd like to pretend to breed (virtual) cats, you can go play over at Pure Felinity. It's pretty hilarious.

11 comments:

neva said...

when our cat started to display this kind of behavior, we took him to the vet, and found out he had Renal Failure. that was 2 years ago. aside from finding out he was "sick", the bad news was he had to go on a special diet & sub-cutaneous fluids, the GOOD news is that he got back into his regular "well-behaved" litter box ways. whew!

loveloveloved these pictures! and now i am off to check out that site. if YOU say it's hilarious, it must be hilarious! ; ) xox

TLP said...

That cat! I think she was a queen in a former life. But she is a sweet kitty for sure.

Doug said...

Doug to dog: Listen, guys, do you think I could sleep another ten minutes? I'll take you for a long walk and make you the steak I was planning on for supper.

Doug to human: Have you lost your mind bothering me? Pointing a toy gun at a cop is faster and less painful!

actonbell said...

neva, I'm glad your cat's doing better:) Serena's vet thinks she has behavioral problems, but we'll keep watching, of course--cats do hide illnesses.

Yeah, Mom, I think she was the one who said let them eat cake,or something like that.

Doug, IT'S NOT THAT BAD!

AP3 said...

Poor Serena. So misunderstood. I am glad she does not have drug issues.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

You know, some people don't even HAVE cats. Can you imagine? I mean, what would it be like not to have cat piss and shit all over your house? Not good, I'd say....

G said...

Oldhorsetail, there's always toddlers to pick up that slack.

I think you're on your way to building Serena her own Kitty Kondo. She's no dummy.

Logophile said...

That Serena!
Very intersting trouble you have there. Ive never heard of such a thing. You are a very patient cat cohabitator. Oh, and I LOVE those pics. Im so glad Serena doesn't have a glue issue.

Pavel said...

hee! Gotta love cats! They seem to think they rule the world. I never had a cat until last year and I've really grown to enjoy his personality.

Oh, the pics were hilarious!

MyUtopia said...

Awe...kitty has a problem!

The Lazy Iguana said...

One of my cats will drop a duce in the bath tub if the boxes get too gross. I think it is Sake, but I have to bust one in the act to know for sure.

"Too gross" means a number of things. It could mean a new fresh box that one other cat used before her. Or it could mean gross.