Thursday, June 28, 2007

who, me?

Sometimes, when I come home from work, I watch a little TV--just a little, because my stamina isn't there yet, but this week, I watched the Ellen DeGeneres show three times--well, I watched half of her show three times, because an hour's an awfully long time, but I think it's a really good show.

Ellen always chats with a celebrity, and I thought Chandra Wilson from Gray's Anatomy was delightful--much more interesting to listen to than Orlando Bloom or Antonio Banderas. Seriously. I had to really laugh when she described the serious, determined way she keeps up with four hours of soap operas a day! It's as if she's got important homework. Ellen also plays a game with the audience every day, which was funny both times I saw it.

I must say, though, that the very funniest thing I've seen so far was a foreign commerical. Note: you can get the point of this commerical without any sound, in case you're at work. Of course, the sound does add something. It's funny, either way.




That would NEVER fly on American television, would it? And I'm not watching Ellen today because I need a rest. I have Harry Potter withdrawal, and I'm feeling a little off.

16 comments:

TLP said...

OMG! I love that commercial! Too, too funny! Not to mention true.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Nifty commercial. Good message for it, too!

Doug said...

That's my favorite commercial ever.

Logophile said...

I LOVE the commercial!!
Love it, really.

Miz BoheMia said...

Ha, ha, haaaa! I am DYING of laughter and Loverboy had to be called in for this one FO SHO! I am sure all us parents have had such moments and such thoughts!!! Guilty as charged!

My daughter once had a tremendous and similar tantrum when she was two... in a bookstore... on Fillmore street in San Francisco because we were looking at a counting book and the pictures in it were of Cheerios and she wanted some Cheerios, which I did not have on me (!!!), right then and there and so she had a total fit and, very pregnant me, grabbed her and she kicked and screamed and shrieked and, because I didn't want to cry, I laughed instead as I dragged her out of there and got the dirtiest looks ever as we made our way home... it was quite the sight as I could not hold on to her too well because of the belly and I would not be surprised if most thought I had done something to the child because of the way she was shrieking! And being pregnant right then did not make me feel too thrilled about having one more of THEM THINGS on the way!

Oy!

actonbell said...

That's funny, mizB! And I will download the new foxfire tonight, and so maybe I can comment on your blog--it could happen, since I don't understand the problem..

Joel said...

Now that's effective advertising!

Bone said...

ROFL

I had no idea where that was going, but it's hilarious. Thanks for sharing, Actonbell.

Happy Friday.

Pavel said...

Wow! With a child like that, I'd wear two condoms!!!

MyUtopia said...

When I didn't work I would watch Ellen's show every day. I love this commercial too, it just cracks me up!

neva said...

that. was. brilliant.

wish i had seen this post earlier... WAY earlier. heh heh.

(i rarely watch daytime TV, but when i do, i try to catch the Ellen DeGeneres Show, because i absolutely adore her!) ; ) xox

tsduff said...

I love Ellen - don't get to see her show very often though. She is a laugh and a half every time I see her.

Ha ha ha - actually, I did see that ad here in California... but it may well have been on a show featuring foreign commercials. Very funny! And how true...

G said...

I'm with MizB - who amongst us with kids has not had that thought(s). That was great.

AP3 said...

Ellen's show is definitely cute. That commercial is awesome!

Doug said...

Rabbit Rabbit!

Diesel said...

They could use that same commercial to sell all kinds of things: Ritalin, valium, vodka, rat poison...