Friday, June 01, 2007

tagged and stuff

The Lazy Iguana tagged me for this meme. His answers are more interesting, so go over take a gander at what he's up to.

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) This Side Of Reason
2) Full Moon Rising
3) Normy's Corner Of The Universe
4) Rantings Of The Lazy Iguana
5) Tempest in a Teacup


What were you doing ten years ago?

I was working with young children in a daycare/preschool program. It also occurs to me that my running habit was at its peak in 1997; it's been a less chronic and slower habit, ever since. The past ten years have been the difference between being youngish and being definitely-middle-aged.

What were you doing one year ago?

Working in the same crappy warehouse I am now--but I probably won't be another year from now...

Five snacks you enjoy:

1. My absolute favorite is Doritos, though they are a guilty pleasure, because I tend to eat the whole bag, and that's enough calories for at least two days.
2. popcorn!
3. peanut M&M's
4. those pretzels with fattening stuff on them: honeymustard pretzels?
5. I keep thinking about cherries--it's that time.

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

1. Australia
2. A Comet Appears, both by The Shins (a rather recent obsession)
3. Science Fiction/Double Feature (theme from The Rocky Horror Picture Show) I do a pretty good lipsync, esp. with lipstick.
4. Stacey's Mom, Fountains of Wayne
5. Never Tear Us Apart, INXS

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Quit work.
2. Live in a warm, secluded place by the ocean (it does exist)
3. Read, go to movies, & see plays all the time
4. Hire a Spanish tutor
5. Travel

And, of course, I'd contribute to some worthy causes.

Five bad habits:
1. Daydreaming
2. Avoiding housework at all costs
3. Drinking one more beer than I need to
4. Surfing Ebay and googling images for no discernable reason.

The above image is the result of googling "bad habits."


5. Making up excuses for not exercising and making phone calls.

Five things you like doing:

1. Reading, usually novels
2. Basking in an after-run glow. It's a love-hate relationship
3. Eating
4. Drinking beer, red wine, and things that contain tequila, like margaritas, or squirtntequila.
5. Daydreaming

Okay, now for the hard part: I'm supposed to select five people to tag, and try and make them feel really guilty if they don't want to play!

This is awkward, because it's not like I'm good at getting around to all that many blogs, so who am I to make anyone feel guilty? HA!! But, here it goes--

1. Neva Puppytoes

2.Old Horsetail Snake, Hoss

3. Jocelyn's O Mighty Crisis

4. Jamie Dawn's Mindless Blather

5. Dddragon Presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Yeah, I tagged my sister. She hadn't posted for such a long time before rabbit-rabbit day, and it's nice to have her back!

This meme reminds me of another sort of bad habit I have, but I'll vent about that some other time.

13 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I'm only doing this because you scared the dragon back into action.

Cheesemeister said...

I love those mustard pretzels too. And I also love Doritos but I can't eat them because they contain MSG which has all sorts of bad effects on me. However, the natural food store has some nice acceptable substitutes. Oh yeah...I too eat the whole bag of chips at a go. I can't stop myself.

TLP said...

Chocolate! What were you thinking? CHOCOLATE.

Good post. I can never know enough about my girls.

Doug said...

Always doing what you're told?

Jamie Dawn said...

I just posted a post this evening, and I'm visiting some blog buddies today and tomorrow.
I've had company this week and haven't been blogging much at all.
I might use this meme in the future. I know you don't care if I do or not. :-)
Doritos, peanut M&M's, popcorn... are we the same person???? I LOVE all of those, plus chocolate truffles of course.

Rabbit, rabbit!!! I may be late saying it, but I had a good excuse.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Beer is good.

By the way, I found some Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. I reviewed it. Ever get some of that stuff?

Doritos may be the best snack food ever.

Jocelyn said...

Actonbell, I will do this meme (how fun), but with the caveat that it may take me a while. Or not.

I abide by no blogging schedule, you see!

Your answers are great. I love this.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I just got a great idea. Possibly the BEST idea of all time.

Beer exchange! The way it works is I mail you a beer and you mail me a beer.

As long as we do not tell the beer mail police, nobody will go to jail.

neva said...

d'oh! so cringing at the thoughts of being tagged and/or trying to come up with lists as excellent as yours -- even as i laugh at that googled picture of "bad habits"!

thank you for tagging me (i think) -- i'll have my own version of this meme up later this week (or at least give it my best shot). you're one funny gal, Actonbell (not to mention brilliant) and this was one fabulous meme (not to mention entertaining and/or insightful!)

oh yeah -- like JD, i lovelovelove all the same foods as you -- add in Mexican food, and maybe we are the same person, too! ; ) xox

Bone said...

Mmm, love Doritos, the Shins, and a warm, secluded place by the ocean!

I.... I was standing... you were there... two worlds colliding...

Logophile said...

I do so love INXS and your other music choices as well.
Love the bad habit pic and googling stuff has probably reached bad habit level for me.

G said...

Jeez Actonbell, I just realized that I've had your blog (in my mind and on my blogroll) as Tempest in a Teapot!!! No wonder you didn't tag me (I kid, really - I could never do it such justice).

I'll have to fix that later. But first let me read your meme again as it was wonderful. Oh and I'm impressed on your knowing TheShins song by heart. I try to sing along as I love their new cd but I always end up with warbled lyrics in between choruses.

dddragon said...

okay, okay, I've got mine up now.