Saturday, May 19, 2007

Of cats and birds and dates and such


Actonbell (looking down at her darling cat): Aw, cutie, cutie, Serenaloopoo...
Ekim: ACK!
Actonbell: Snugglepoopoopoo...
Ekim: ARGH! STOP. SAYING. THAT. WORD!!!!!!!!
Actonbell (to Serena): Why is he repudiating me?
Ekim starts to swoon
Actonbell: He's gonna get a reputation for being pusillanimous...
Ekim (gasping): Oh, please...
Actonbell: Whaaaaaaat?
Ekim: Please stop saying...(shudders) pooh! To the cat that...(wince, gasp) poohs!
Actonbell: Okay, geez-- poof! I'll stop saying it.


And Now For Something Completely Different

Ornithologists have recently discovered a new species of hummingbird in southwestern Columbia, called the Gorgeted Puffleg--article here. There are a couple of nice photos. I found it on Trevor's Birding, a pretty cool blog to read now and then. Not that I actually retain anything, mind you--I just love the pretty pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to my detailed, elaborate, intense, and very advanced calculations, I need to read at least thirty pages of Harry Potter a day to be caught up and ready for my birthday present from Ekim, which will be the final Harry Potter book.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of interesting events claim a May 19 anniversary. I copied these, links and all, but they are edited. The list was ten times longer, and there was all kinds of stuff that made me feel really uneducated, so--I ignored them!
Have a pleasant, if not historic, Saturday.

11 comments:

Bone said...

Thanks for the historical facts! I heard today that May 18th was the anniversary of Mt. St. Helen's erupting. And also George Strait's birthday.

Suddenly I have the urge to pull out my construction hat.

Trevor said...

Hi there - thanks for the mention and the link. Thanks too for the compliment about my photos. I try to post a new article every day so I invite you and your readers to visit often.

AP3 said...

Aw, I love Serenaloopoohcoocoo!

Theresa said...

That hummingbird is just gorgeous! I really miss hummingbirds since moving to Spain. We do have a kind of moth that looks a bit like a hummingbird, but it's not nearly as pretty. Seranaloopoo is a cute cat, I love to say those kinds of cutesy things to my cats too.

Doug said...

Well, if I'm not beheaded for adultery and don't have to hear In The Navy, I'll count it a good Saturday.

That was a funny post.

tsduff said...

You have the best links... today was great. I loved following the story about the new hummingbird species, and then on to other interesting bird sites including one describing in detail the process for making birds nest soup (eewwwww)..

The Lazy Iguana said...

I have found that my cats all seem to respond well to "furry bastard". As long as you say it nicely.

That day of darkness sounds cool. Florida almost had one of those. There was so much smoke from the wildfires in South Florida that you could look at the sun without getting all squinty eyed. To blot it out to the point where you would need candles to see would require A LOT of smoke.

TLP said...

Nice post. I checked out the birding and the Dark Day. Interesting to the max.

We got home this afternoon, or is it evening?

I wouldn't say "poop" to Ekim...

Logophile said...

I am sniggering.
I love this post!

In the Navy, come on and join your fellow, man.
In the Navy, come on, people, and make a stand.
In the Navy, in the Navy.
Come on, Doug, sing it with me!

Jocelyn said...

I'm so glad you saved the best for last!

And keep torturing Ekim. It's cute.

neva said...

this was a hilarious post. actually, quite puuurrrrrr-fect! (just sorry i missed it over the weekend!) ; ) xox