Monday, May 28, 2007

a little preoccupied...

I'm tearing through the Harry Potter books to catch up before the last book comes out in July, and I just love to collect Albus Dumbledore quotes.

"Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground."

"...I took a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautifully proportioned room I had never seen before, containing a really rather magnificent collection of chamberpots. When I went back to investigate more closely, I discovered that the room had vanished. But I must keep an eye out for it. Possibly it is only accessible at five thirty in the morning. Or it may only appear at the quarter moon - or when the seeker has an exceptionally full bladder."

It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs."

No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines," said Dumbledore. "I do love knitting patterns."

"Don't count your owls before they are delivered."

When Harry asks Prof. Dumbledore what he sees in the Mirror of Erised, the old headmaster replies--

"I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks." Harry stared. "One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a pair. People will insist on giving me books."

3 comments:

TLP said...

Ah, yes! Thanks for these. I do love Harry's books! And Dumbledore is my favorite of all.

Doug said...

I really am going to have to read these some day. I think I could use some Dumbledore quotes myself. When you have no thoughts of your own, its best to quote fiction.

pia said...

Like Doug, I really have to read them
Though can never imagine you not having thoughts :)

The quotes are lovely, and I will remember to give socks not books. Though it's hard to break habits of a lifetime.