Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Fork in the Road


Don't worry, my blog isn't doing another mitosis imitation. No, that looming fork in the road has to do with my employment. Just when I'd found a bit of drama-free space in this blasted warehouse, we get the news that the jig is up, the building's being sold, the jobs are being tranferred to our sister warehouse, and those of us who aren't transferring will be terminated by the end of the year. Some parts of the building will start the exodus in August, followed by a large group in the fall, and I expect to be there until around the end of the year. But, it's hard to say.

RacerX (who calls himself Turkeyman, but his real name is Gil), asked me, "what are you gonna write about?" He's the only one there who occasionally tuned in to the wacky asylum posts of yore.

In the coming months, it may be very interesting, indeed, to observe how people behave, now that the jig is up. Imagine all those people, fighting, sucking up, and back stabbing over territory that's about to be sold away.

What a shame.

9 comments:

Turkeyman(akaRacerX) said...

GIL??????????????????????????

actonbell said...

It's a Beatles song analogy, just go with it:)

G said...

Does everyone know him as Nancy?

Good luck in the backstabbing. I do hope it works out for the best.

Miz BoheMia said...

Dios mio!

Well, time will indeed tell what happens but as for you amiga mia, I hope it all works out for the best for you...

You deserve nothing but so I am sure it will.

Jocelyn said...

Dang.

Lots of fodder for your blog, though!

TLP said...

I read about this stuff in the paper, and I thought: good. It's not as if you have to have the money, and you have two degrees, so you oughta be able to find work anyway.

neva said...

as long as she doesn't call herself Lil.

i have to agree with your wise mom -- this is a blessing in disguise, where you're concerned. you are such a gifted woman -- i'm thinking the world will soon be your oyster. for now, try to savor the fact that the warehouse is your "bitch". xox

Doug said...

Tukeyman, is it ok if I know you as Nancy?

Actonbell, I sure look forward to what you do next. I still want my copy of On Pallets Dreamt.

Cheesemeister said...

Yes, work drama is so stressful.
However here in the Netherworld one of the frost giants dropped a fork like that and it almost skewered the Death Cheese tour bus.