Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Memories of Harry


I'm rereading the first five Harry Potter books so that I can eventually read the last two without the feeling of amnesia. J.K. Rowlings is a genius, and so many of the details in her books can make me laugh or just sit in wonder.

During the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry discovers The Mirror of Erised, a magical mirror that will show the beholder his or her heart's desire. When Harry looks into this mirror, he sees his family looking out at him, smiling and waving.

Of course, this episode makes the reader ponder what s/he would see.


One truly cool website: Mirror of Erised provides entertainment and information about all the Harry Potter books.

7 comments:

Doug said...

I bet I'd see my own ribs, well sauced.

actonbell said...

Ew. You would NOT.

TLP said...

I'd see my ribs...again. *sigh* that would be good.

Doug said...

"Isaac Asimov is happy in heaven"- Kurt Vonnegut

G said...

Did I mix up The Series of Unfortunate Events with The Harry Potter books? Either way, thanks for the reminder that I shall be delving into Tali's library for these books as well.

Minka said...

wow...how teh heck did I miss this.

Hogwarts-school of witchcraft and wizadry! is anotehr passion of mine!

Is the first book really called teh Sorcerer´s Stone in America? When I purchased my first copy, way before there was any thought of a movie, it was called the Philosopher´s Stone. In many articles I have read a reference to Sorcerer´s Stone and I have to admit I am a bit confused-it happens quickly! ;)

I loved the first Harry Potter book most, the fourth movie and the end of teh sixth book made me cry.
Good entertainment through and through!

actonbell said...

Yes, Minka, it's confusing! UK and US have two different titles for the first book. And I love these books, too:)