Saturday, March 17, 2007

Woohoo!


No more Napoleon, no more Certified, no more unloading trucks, no more of those morning meetings, no more fighting over equipment, no more being a roust-about, and no more fuss and drama. I had to take a bit of a cut in pay to achieve this, but work is going to be much more calm and quiet for me, starting on Monday.

At first, it hurt my feelings a little that I felt forced to either take a lower-paying job, or just deal with being mistreated and harrassed, but--what a relief. Napoleon's waterloo was dreadful, and Calgon can take Certified away!

I'm with the same company and the same supervisor, so the other benefits, especially vacation, remain the same. This really can't miss being a change for the better.

Oh! And happy snowy St. Patrick's Day!

~~~~~~~~

And good luck, Miz Bohemia! I can't comment on your blog, but I'm sending out positive vibes<<<<

10 comments:

Doug said...

OK, just so your new coworkers are still weird, though. Consider us.

Congratulations, though!

actonbell said...

Thanks, Doug:)

Logo™ said...

This doesn't mean we are going to miss out on the stories, does it?

Balou said...

Less stress is worth so much more. Sounds like this is a good change for you.

Miz BoheMia said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO! Sometimes sacrificing the material is worth more peace of mind... I am so happy to hear of this peaceful change in your life! May it lead to muchos moments of zen!

And thanks for the shout out and oh so happy am I that you did make it in! Damn you blogger for keeping out my amiga! GRRRR! (Was that intimidating? Was it? Was it? 'Cause I WILL bite?) :-)

actonbell said...

Hehe, you're right MizB, something either bites, or maybe--sucks. Frozen and crashed *kapluuueeee*

dddragon said...

Oh, congrats on getting out of that situation! I'm also looking for a new job (it would help if one of the girls would get her license...)

AP3 said...

sounds like a GREAT move!!!

The Lazy Iguana said...

Wow. Seems getting a new job is a popular thing to be doing!

Doug said...

OK, now you're just gloating.