Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Um


Here I am, typing away without much to say. This might be a bad habit, yammering on about not much.

It's very nice to be working in a new area of the warehouse. We're insulated inside a well-defined area which we actually have to scan in and out of. It's a pretty easy job which won't take long to get completely accustomed to. And it's very quiet, and there's no fighting over anything, as far as I can tell. I haven't heard any gossip, either, so that's another reason it feels like a pleasant island. I really hope it stays this way.

Sometimes, I feel some angst about how my supervisor feels about this change, since I had to do some cajoling to get away from my other workstation, but if he's annoyed with me, he'll eventually get over it. I had to act in my own best interest, because no one else will.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, if only my cat would behave like an adult, instead of a kitten, and consistently use her litterbox, things would be just perfect. Purrfect. We have a big screen barring her and our way into a particular room, plus a drop cloth to make sure she doesn't urinate on the small area of carpet in front of the screen. This is a major pain in the rear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The beer distributor was out of Stegmeier Porter. Whatup? I got Yuengling Porter instead. Tomorrow's pizza night, so I hafta be prepared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got a new monitor, and the difference is amazing. I love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so frivolous. So many people have all these real worries, and here I am talking about my cat, beer, and something materialistic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, happy first day of spring, anyway. And for your information, Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin was published on March 20, 1852, and Libby Riddles became the first woman to win the Iditarod on this date in 1985.

6 comments:

Doug said...

Writing about nothing with style is a rare skill. I enjoy your chittering posts, for the record.

I can give one manager's perspective: I wish nothing more fervently then that my employees would take stock of things that are bothering and make moves to improve the situation. 90% of the time, the first I hear of a complaint is when I'm firing someone or accepting their resignation, even if I ask them weekly how things are going and if there's anything they'd like me to help with. I think you're actually a model employee for making this change and your supervisor should be grateful. If not, like you said, he'll survive worse traumas probably.

For your employee goodness you deserve the stegmeier porter. I'm very sad they were out.

Cheesemeister said...

Hell, I'm always blathering on about nothing. I somehow manage to fill several blogs with it. Nothing wrong with a bit of nothing!

The Lazy Iguana said...

Glad to hear about your new monitor so you can enjoy my purple wavy background in all its wavyness. I had to look on the internet for about 3 minutes to find it.

Porter. I like porters. If I ever invent a time machine I will go back to Victorian England to get some real porter. 1/3 pale ale, 1/3 stout, and 1/3 stale beer. Reports from the time say it was pretty good stuff. Modern porters are not allowed to use stale beer. Some homebrewers still make it this way however.

One can never be too prepared for pizza night. One of my friends is a mutant and does not like beer with pizza. Can you believe that?!?!

actonbell said...

Thanks, Doug. And my supervisor, unfortunately, is nothing like you.

Hi, Cheesemeister! I hadn't noticed--really. I really liked the FOAD post:)

LI, I always wonder what food and drink tasted like back then, and if we have the guts to withstand it...

Bone said...

I am so frivolous. So many people have all these real worries, and here I am talking about my cat, beer, and something materialistic.

This reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines: "Maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans. But this is our hill. And these are our beans."

Happy first day of Spring :)

neva said...

i lovelovelove this post, and completely admire the fact that you DID make your needs known, in order to effect a much needed change in your working situation. i think you're brilliant, Actonbell, i really do. naturally, Doug's right (tho' "chitterings"? what are you, a chimpmonk?) it takes real talent to write well about "nothing" (just ask Jerry Seinfeld) -- and that's just what you've done here!

i'm happy to know you're happy. and hopeful your cat will eventually learn to respect the laws of the litterbox! xox