Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Frollick

Is it really Friday? This week was almost painless, except for the end of Thursday, during which someone really ticked me off, but there's a bright side to that: it gave me more energy during the after work run. (Got that? Get angry and run faster!) As I've implied many times in the past, my job is a lot like doing time, but this week was mostly smooth. And it's over, already. I've gotten so good at tuning out unpleasantries, and daydreaming, and packing all kinds of little diversions, that I almost feel like I've been in a TIME WARP!!!




We only live once, so here's to having fun. We're supposed to get snow today and tonight. I'm hoping it's not so, but if snow happens, it will still be the weekend. Have a great weekend!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hats off to Lucille Ball (August 6, 1911-April 26, 1989)! We all know that Lucy was the first lady of comedy, but she was also the first woman ever to run a multimillion dollar corporation.

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Well, now I want to know who made you angry (and it's still Thursday where I'm at, so that person still made you mad *today*--speaking of time warps)...

Doug said...

HAHAHAHA. OK, the nerd in the backrow thanks you for that clip.

Um, and, yeah, it's Thursday but I agree, this week was mellow. At least 80% of it was.

Balou said...

Oh the Rocky Horror Picture Show! Thanks for that "time warp"!

I didn't know that about Lucy. Desilu Productions and more I imagine.

Cheesemeister said...

Let's do the time warp again!
Back in time to 1969. My brother was born on St. Patrick's day at 4 in the afternoon. I was 4 years old and I was right there when he came into the world. Later that night I asked my mother if he planned to ever stop crying!

pia said...

It's snowing

Two of the people in my blog are named for Lucille Ball--Little Luce had an all Lucy bedroom until she was 13 when it expanded to include anaime.(sic) Now it's a Japanese Lucy room

Happy snow weekend!

Jamie Dawn said...

I LOVE Lucy!

Anger really does push us to work out our frustrations. Did you punch anyone along the way as you did your run? I can just see you knocking down old people out of your frustration. It would make you feel better.

I'm glad your week was fairly smooooth.

Miz BoheMia said...

Well, I arrived just in time on a Saturday so this post makes perfect sense to me!!! Enjoy your weekend and may it be fab... snow or no snow!

AP3 said...

Snow, snow, snow. But yes, still the weekend. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Let me guess: You'll celebrate with beer?