Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Catchy stuff

I didn't find out about Bowling for Soup until I heard the song 1985, and snatched up the CD A Hangover You Don't Deserve, and so discovered The Catchiest Band on Earth.


Oh, but they are! A Hangover You Don't Deserve, from 2004, is full of clever lyrics sung to a beat you won't want to turn off. That CD was almost like David Foster Wallace's "entertainment"--way too addictive.

Well, folks, Bowling for Soup Goes to the Movies, from 2005, just might make you neglect your vacuuming, or whatever else you're supposed to be doing, right now.

Specifically, the track Greatest Day could play for hours, as far as I'm concerned. There are a surprising number of covers on this CD, all well-done. Those covers include the Gilligan's Island Theme. The best cover on this album--believe it or not--is Baby One More Time, which was a hit for Brittney Spears. She never made me want the song. Now, I'm playing it multiple times. I never noticed how good that song was.

I'll have to hunt down all their previous CD's, especially Drunk Enough to Dance. That title makes me giggle, because I'm very close to a man who swears he can't get that drunk.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Great bandname. I'll have to keep an ear out for them.

actonbell said...

Ekim pointed out that their sound is no unlike another band I really like, Fountains of Wayne. I'm easy to predict...

Minka said...

Ok, I´ll check you-tube first and let you know what I think!